Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Email sent.
    Email sent.
    Email sent!!! Look forward to testing and providing helpful and useful feedback. I bought Voogle and look forward to improvements and enhancement.
    im rocking V1 and lovin it. see you on twitter
    Email sent as well. Google Voice is a vital program for me on any smartphone platform.
    Email sent! And I definitely looking forward to testing it. It already looks amazing.
    Hope I can help with the testing
  12.    #313  
    I just sent out the first beta of Voogle2. I'm REALLY sorry if you didn't make it on the list, I already ended up with WAY more beta testers than I expected to have. If you did make it on the beta list, check your email and enjoy!
    Awesome. I was highly upset the day that they removed Google Talk. I cannot wait. I tried to post on the blog to participate in the Beat but 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

14.    #315  
    Don't forget to "Like" Voogle on Facebook! Voogle | Facebook
    Hi, last week I found out that Mexico users can now use google voice (we couldn't last month), and I tried to get Voogle, but the app catalog says tha the app is not available to Mexico.

Any plans to make it available? You don't have to translate it as you may know, but if you need help with that, count me in

Thanks!!
  16.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hi, last week I found out that Mexico users can now use google voice (we couldn't last month), and I tried to get Voogle, but the app catalog says tha the app is not available to Mexico.

Any plans to make it available? You don't have to translate it as you may know, but if you need help with that, count me in

Thanks!!
    Oh, yeah I had no idea that happened. I'll make sure Voogle2 works with Mexico numbers then I'll publish it to the Mexico App Catalog Thanks for the heads up!
  17.    #318  
    Design Voogle - Make an inbox view mockup and a dial pad mockup and email it to me: connorlacombe [AT] me [DOT] com - Winner gets $50!
    I thought you had mentioned that the app was very secure, and that you used SSL to transmit login information? I used WireShark to analyze traffic from my Pre+, and I was surprised to see my Google username, and password sent in the clear to 173.192.150.234.

Also, on a particular day I noticed my battery drained more quickly than usual, and noticed Voogle open. I thought nothing of it until I checked my data usage for that day, and it was 90MB. I only viewed a few pages, but made a couple of calls using Voogle and forgot to close Voogle.

I still have my Pre+ connected to the network, and will leave it on for a couple of hours to see what is using so much data. I have also submitted a ticket as well.
    Last edited by jherrera; 02/13/2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Typo
  19.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by jherrera View Post
    I thought you had mentioned that the app was very secure, and that you used SSL to transmit login information? I used WireShark to analyze traffic from my Pre+, and I was surprised to see my Google username, and password sent in the clear to 173.192.150.234.

Also, on a particular day I noticed my battery drained more quickly than usual, and noticed Voogle open. I thought nothing of it until I checked my data usage for that day, and it was 90MB. I only viewed a few pages, but made a couple of calls using Voogle and forgot to close Voogle.

I still have my Pre+ connected to the network, and will leave it on for a couple of hours to see what is using so much data. I have also submitted a ticket as well.
    Actually, I forgot that I took SSL off of the most recent version because it was causing a few errors. Voogle2 will have it again though.

Voogle 1.x also uses a lot more data compared to Voogle2 just simply because it isn't as advance in the way it loads information from Google. Voogle2 will address the whole battery draining issue because of the number of HTTP requests it has. Sorry for any inconvenience.