Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I notice I get a username and password invalid error every so often I just dismiss it and it goes away. Just a long shot mespiff have you tried restarting the Pre?
    i just did a complete re-boot and still have the same issue - oh well
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i never had any issues prior to the update -- doesn't matter if i am in the inbox or the voicemail scene i can read the transcript but cannot listen and the error i get is this
    " voogle has encountered an issue while trying to load your voice message. this is caused by an issue on google's end. please try again later."

i can access these from the web and from the web on the phone. is there a setting i can look at? -- i will check again tomorrow and hopefully things will be ironed out

thanks
    I've never been able to listen to voicemails. Now with version 1.02 I get the " voogle has encountered an issue while trying to load your voice message. this is caused by an issue on google's end. please try again later." error.

On top of that I've encountered a new error with 1.02 when setting up my account. I get the following error: "Your cellular carrier couldn't be determined. Voogle won't be ab;e to set up your Google voicemail automatically." Please click the "No" button below." I'm on Sprint FWIW.

Voogle seems to be regeressing for me. I've never been able to get the voicemail to work.
  4.    #264  
    Sorry, I know this has been an on going issue, it makes it way harder to figure out what is wrong since I don't experience any voicemail issues. I'm assuming it has something to do with my server-side code. I'll look into it, and also, voicemails play fine for me when I load them through the voicemail scene. I'll look into that too though.
    i'm also in the same boat. i have never been able to listen to voicemail with voogle. then again, i have never been able to get the voice mail to play using the mobile google voice site on the phone either.

quick question: people who ARE able to listen to the voicemail using the mobile google voice site on the phone, do you have any browser patches?

--

UPDATE: so i just noticed that on the MOBILE version of the google voice website, which I am presuming is what Voogle hooks into, the voicemail is an mp3 file, whereas it is flash on the full browser version of the google voice website. While on my laptop, using the mobile google voice website, clicking on the play link downloads the mp3 rather than just play it. could it be that on the pre, the file is not being associated with any player to actually play it?
  6.    #266  
    Well the flash player on the desktop version still loads the same MP3 that the mobile version loads and Voogle just uses an HTML5 <audio> element to load it. The one thing though is that there is one other source that I had to dig around for but that breaks it for some and fixes it for others so now I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate both of the MP3s without breaking someone else's voicemail.
    I installed your update the other day that said phase 1 of notifications.. phase 2 coming next. What exactly does phase 1 do? I got a new voicemail last night and it never notified me. I opened the app this morning and it didn't show it as new or anything, so what is included in phase 1?
  8.    #268  
    Phase 1 are notifications while the app is open. Phase 2 is already done and will be in the next update which are notifications without the app having to be open.
    Thanks for the update Connor, it's great not to have to have those alerts sent to my email now. Let us know whenever you get your cross-app api up, so I can start bugging angryGoat about supporting it in Pronto Dial.

Also, I noticed that you added the call back feature for Missed, Placed, and Received calls and I suppose you wrote it out like that specifically so that the user knows they have to go to those folders for now in order to use the callback feature. Jw, cause it doesn't work from the Inbox, so I almost missed it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  10.    #270  
    I added some cross app info in Zhephree's cross-app db: webOS Cross-App Launching Database
    I am glad someone has taken it upon themselves to create a Google Voice client and even implemented a feature I asked for. With that said though, the amount of "Incorrect Password" errors I get in the app is getting rather annoying. Couple that with the inability to play Voicemails through the app....

Will any of these issues be resolved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    I've never been able to listen to voicemails. Now with version 1.02 I get the " voogle has encountered an issue while trying to load your voice message. this is caused by an issue on google's end. please try again later." error.

On top of that I've encountered a new error with 1.02 when setting up my account. I get the following error: "Your cellular carrier couldn't be determined. Voogle won't be ab;e to set up your Google voicemail automatically." Please click the "No" button below." I'm on Sprint FWIW.

Voogle seems to be regeressing for me. I've never been able to get the voicemail to work.
    I am having both of these issues as well. Well, having for the voicemail, had for the unable to determine carrier.
  13.    #273  
    @Nesta Do you have any patches that would change your carrier string? Thats the only thing I can think of that would affect the setup like that. Basically, if the carrierString isn't "Sprint", "Verizon Wireless", or "AT&T" then you'll get an error or if it is "Unknown" or sometimes it returns "ROW" which I have no idea what that means.

@EveryoneWithAVoicemailIssue I think I found a work around for Google hating me and not letting some people listen to voicemail. I'll let everyone know once I find a fix that works well.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    ... or sometimes it returns "ROW" which I have no idea what that means.
    ROW is often used for Rest Of the World.
  15.    #275  
    Oh well, that still doesn't do me much good considering I have no clue what carrier ROW would be lol.
    Thanks for the great App.

I am trying to utilize Google Voice and Voogle to have multiple phone numbers funneled through my Pre+. I am only beginning to get started but I am wondering if there is a way to both identify who the caller is AND identify whether it is a phone call to my verizon number or my google voice number. I don't really know if this is a Voogle question or a google voice question but any help in here would be appreciated.
    @Nesta Do you have any patches that would change your carrier string? Thats the only thing I can think of that would affect the setup like that. Basically, if the carrierString isn't "Sprint", "Verizon Wireless", or "AT&T" then you'll get an error or if it is "Unknown" or sometimes it returns "ROW" which I have no idea what that means.

@EveryoneWithAVoicemailIssue I think I found a work around for Google hating me and not letting some people listen to voicemail. I'll let everyone know once I find a fix that works well.
    I gey this error too, sometimes. Could it be related to Mode Switcher system menu patch, which displays the current mode where the carrier string usually goes? I know modeswitcher is widely used...
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    I gey this error too, sometimes. Could it be related to Mode Switcher system menu patch, which displays the current mode where the carrier string usually goes? I know modeswitcher is widely used...
    I doubt it. I use MS and that patch. I do not have any of the issues (can't listen to voicemails, login issues etc...) being described by others. My carrier string on the left of the top bar rarely ever displays my carrier (Sprint).

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Thanks for the great App.

I am trying to utilize Google Voice and Voogle to have multiple phone numbers funneled through my Pre+. I am only beginning to get started but I am wondering if there is a way to both identify who the caller is AND identify whether it is a phone call to my verizon number or my google voice number. I don't really know if this is a Voogle question or a google voice question but any help in here would be appreciated.
    On the main website for google voice you can choice to have calls show caller id or google number for google voice.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I don't have the carrier string patch installed. I do have the patch that shows my wfi network when I'm using wifi. Thanks for working on this. I like the program.