Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I believe that google only made that feature available for their Android devices. If I remember correctly gDial Pro had that same feature when it first came out from google and the google changed it and blocked that way of dialing from any other google voice client. I'm not 100% sure though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I don't think gDial ever had this function. It had web dial but it would still have google calling you, first.

It does work on webOS, because I can do it on my Pre using the moble site. All a smart guy would have to do is look at the HTML code on the site and see what the website does in order to get this number to google and to the webOS phone. Then, just write the same code in an App.
    This is what I'm talking about
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I don't think gDial ever had this function. It had web dial but it would still have google calling you, first.
    gDial did have that feature where once you selected the number it used to take you straight to the native app dialer with a generated weird number just like the way the web does now. It was only available for about 1/2 a day and then google blocked it. We used to called it "dialing the magical way" where you didn't have to wait for a call back nor dialing out with tones.

But I'm with you on this if the developer can implement the same web feature into Voogle it would be awesome
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    This is what I'm talking about
    Yea exactly the same way gDial had it available. gDial was updated with the same dialing feature as the one you showed on the video, but that api was blocked by google. So we only had it for like half a day.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  5.    #225  

It does work on webOS, because I can do it on my Pre using the moble site. All a smart guy would have to do is look at the HTML code on the site and see what the website does in order to get this number to google and to the webOS phone. Then, just write the same code in an App.
    Well it's a little more than just HTML. I'll see what I can do but chances are they have it embedded in their backend or in their JavaScript that I'd never want to even touch.
    Well, it's a different number for me. Mine's a 202 number that differs for calls and texts. I think it's a number that only Google is allowed to use, which is why it works on the mobile site. It will probably reject anyone not authenticated to use it, but maybe not.

In the end, the call from GV comes pretty much instantaneously for me, so I'm not bothered. Also if you have your Google Voice number added for free calls (there used to be plans for this, but I think they all got canceled and grandfathered), then your outgoing calls are now free.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  7.    #227  
    It shouldn't be very much anyway considering it should be a local number so that's better than it being long distance.
    Well, they don't charge unless you go over your allotted minutes, so I meant more that people like me on the 450 plan can basically have an unlimited plan for $30 less - not for people calling your number, who cares about them? LOL, jk, of course. But I don't use 450 minutes even with all my anytime, anymobile, and nights combined, so it's just like a "in case" bonus.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Voogle update just got posted. It is now working under 502 area code!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Just updated to the latest version of voogle. Voicemails still will not play. Anyone who had issues with voicemail before having better luck?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    Just updated to the latest version of voogle. Voicemails still will not play. Anyone who had issues with voicemail before having better luck?
    Yes. I updated to version 1.0.1 and voice mails play fine now (whereas they didn't with 1.0.0).

I haven't done anything else (e.g. re-enter account credentials) - it just started to work for me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Okay, I just downloaded the app today and I was wondering if there is a call back feature to a call I just received. When I load the app I am taken to the Inbox where I can hear the voice message left for me. But, I cannot find any where to give that person a call back. Must I manually write this number down and key it in myself? Help!!
    Still cannot hear the voicemail. I press play and it does nothing until I hit the Pause key. I have a Pixi Plus on Verizon. Any luck from Pixi users on Verizon? Thanks!
    Just installed and enjoying Voogle on webOS 2.0.1 on my Palm Pre 2. App runs snappily thus far and text reliability is good. Very much looking forward to notification support so I don't have to manually refresh, but I assume that's coming. This is a very useful app to me, as I'm not currently paying for an SMS plan on AT&T (absolute ripoff) and have been using GV as my primary number for almost two years. Thanks clacombe!

As an aside: could anyone confirm the security of this setup? clacombe mentioned that the App Catalog version requires SSL, etc., so passwords remain secure and no data is stored on the dev's server -- not that I don't believe him, but can anyone vouch for the accuracy of this info?
    +1 for not being able to hear voice mails

even with the updated.
    I cannot hear voice mail either. It would be nice that once you've selected a voice mail you could see the whole transcription as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Just installed and enjoying Voogle on webOS 2.0.1 on my Palm Pre 2. App runs snappily thus far and text reliability is good. Very much looking forward to notification support so I don't have to manually refresh, but I assume that's coming. This is a very useful app to me, as I'm not currently paying for an SMS plan on AT&T (absolute ripoff) and have been using GV as my primary number for almost two years. Thanks clacombe!

As an aside: could anyone confirm the security of this setup? clacombe mentioned that the App Catalog version requires SSL, etc., so passwords remain secure and no data is stored on the dev's server -- not that I don't believe him, but can anyone vouch for the accuracy of this info?
    Nobody can vouch for him unless he provides access into his server (which would be a stupid thing to do).

But I can say that it is possible to do what he has said. It isn't that hard either. You just change a few settings to disable logging and you won't be storing passwords or data on the server.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  18.    #238  
    Just a quick update: I'm not really sure why voicemails don't play for some of you, I'll continue to look into it but it's hit or miss for some people.

@thejesusegg You can see the whole transcription.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    a slider for rewind/fast forward would be very helpful when listening to voicemail, are there any plans to implement that?
    My voicemails played perfectly before the update, and now they dont. Now, I'm lucky to play the first few seconds and then it just stops and acts like it's still playing, not paused or anything.. but just plays nothing.. I wish I could go back to the old version.. Everything worked.