Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 514
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #181  
    I'm eager to make the leap from YouView to Voogle, but I'm also a bit... scared

    Has anyone here made this exact change? If so, can you comment on how it went? I need my Pre to continue to place and accept calls without a hitch. YouMail has its share of snags, of course, but it's the devil I know, you know?

    Anyway, thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!
  2. #182  
    I still use youview as my voice mail. I like the way it announces the callers' name. I always used googlevoice as my primary contact number just didn't like the transcriptions and having to use the web dialer to call out.
  3. #183  
    Well, I was only using Youview for Voicemail...well, actually, I don't get a lot of VMs, so I really just bought it to support the dev and to get missed call notifications for when my Sprint service is being a POS and not notifying me of calls.

    Right now, I have not started giving out my GV number completely, although I've tested a few calls on it and it seems to work okay. There are no notifications yet, as you know, so you'll want to have GV send those to your email or sms (which I was already doing with Youview to get missed call alerts). I've mainly been using Voogle for SMS messages. Right now I'm not quite satisfied with the way Voogle operates and it kind of needs some updates and UI improvements to be as functional as Youview. What I mean is that on Youview you can flag, go straight to phoning/yexting someone from their VM listing, see the date and time right on the main screen, which Voogle does not do yet. Voogle has a few quirks where folders don't refresh properly, but another refresh generally loads them up correctly. Right now if you click on a missed call, it doesn't do anything but leave that call highlighted. There are not copy text options in the app (at this point, I'm now comparing it to the default options). Some people's VMs aren't playing, I haven't had this problem once, so I can't say why that's happening.

    On the other hand, Voogle consolidates all your voicemail, texts, and calls (missed/received/placed) in one app (and on the internet as well) whereas with Youview you can only look at VMs, not missed calls (you can see missed calls on the internet, though). I also like that with Google Voice you can ring multiple phones, or in my case, if I don't pick up at my cell phone, I have the call forwarded to my home phone. And I'm sure Voogle will only improve.....

    So I think dweiswasser that you should try it and GV out, you may find it does some things you didn't know you would like or didn't know you could do.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4. #184  
    There's got to be an explanation for the UK login thing. What is the process Voogle uses to authenticate with Google? Just need to be sure this alert from Google isn't irregular.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    There's got to be an explanation for the UK login thing. What is the process Voogle uses to authenticate with Google? Just need to be sure this alert from Google isn't irregular.
    I have explained it already, for some reason my sever shows up in the UK even though it is located in San Antonio, TX. So even though it says your account is being accessed from the UK , it is actually in Texas, regardless I'm not sure why it would matter.
  6. #186  
    A traceroute on the suspect IP gives this for the last four addresses:

    Code:
     10   108 ms   125 ms   109 ms  rackspace-ic-134354-chi-bb1.c.telia.net [80.239.160.50]
     11   111 ms   112 ms   149 ms  core1-ed2-edge3.ord1.rackspace.net [173.203.0.109]
     12   116 ms   138 ms   123 ms  core1-aggr301a-2.ord1.rackspace.net [173.203.0.173]
     13   110 ms   112 ms   109 ms  173-203-49-225.static.cloud-ips.com [173.203.49.225]
    The one with IP 173.203.0.109 is based in San Antonio, Texas (like Connor said the server was) and the tracert passes through it to get to the UK ip.

    So I agree, it is strange, but it seems the rackspace is probably using it legitimately but it's hard to say for certain.
  7.    #187  
    I will probably be upgrading my hosting to a full dedicated Windows host.
  8. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #188  
    Hi Connor,

    Any more thoughts on why Voogle will not play voice mails for me and some others?

    Thanks.
  9. #189  
    @malpha, @mamouton: Thanks for your insights. I do get a lot of comments about how my VM on Youmail addresses people by name.

    I guess my biggest concern is with giving all of my contacts my GV number, only to have it not be the right way to go. Is there any practical way to rollout GV and Voogle in a limited fashion, i.e., give out my GV# to only one or two brave souls as a trial? And how does calling via a web dialer affect one's phone experience? <apologizing for ignorance>

    Thanks!
  10. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    I have explained it already, for some reason my sever shows up in the UK even though it is located in San Antonio, TX. So even though it says your account is being accessed from the UK , it is actually in Texas, regardless I'm not sure why it would matter.
    why it matters? I sorry but IT matters maybe not to you but people do have personal info passing through there emails from banks, insurance, mortgage, utility bills receipts etc.

    And when they live in Texas but a ip from UK is accessing their google account it is a problem that needs to be sorted.

    Not saying anything shady is going on but don't act as if it is no big deal because to you its not.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    why it matters? I sorry but IT matters maybe not to you but people do have personal info passing through there emails from banks, insurance, mortgage, utility bills receipts etc.

    And when they live in Texas but a ip from UK is accessing their google account it is a problem that needs to be sorted.

    Not saying anything shady is going on but don't act as if it is no big deal because to you its not.
    I'm pretty sure I said the IP isn't from the UK. And I'm still missing your point, what if the server was actually in the UK (even though it's not), why would it make a difference?
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Hi Connor,

    Any more thoughts on why Voogle will not play voice mails for me and some others?

    Thanks.
    I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I made a change in the app that will fix it. Won't know until I send out the update though. Sorry!
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by dweiswasser View Post
    @malpha, @mamouton: Thanks for your insights. I do get a lot of comments about how my VM on Youmail addresses people by name.

    I guess my biggest concern is with giving all of my contacts my GV number, only to have it not be the right way to go. Is there any practical way to rollout GV and Voogle in a limited fashion, i.e., give out my GV# to only one or two brave souls as a trial? And how does calling via a web dialer affect one's phone experience? <apologizing for ignorance>

    Thanks!
    The only number I give out is my gv number. I have it on all my emals as well as my primary contact number. When gdialpro went down I used youview as my voice mail so I wouldn't hae to waste minutes and frankly since thecalling of the callers voice is a cool factor I think I will leave it as is. Now with Voogle I can get voicemails via the app or via youview a little redundant but if one system goes down I still have access.
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Hi Connor,

    Also, if I could text to multiple phone numbers at the same time, that would be awesome.
    I was able to successful text to multiple numbers I just added the comma and typed the next numbers in. Worked like champ.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I was able to successful text to multiple numbers I just added the comma and typed the next numbers in. Worked like champ.
    Really?! I didn't even know my app could do that! LOL It's probably built into Google Voice then.
  16.    #196  
    Just talked to tech support at Rackspace and he said that Rackspace doesn't even have traffic coming out of the UK. He said it was probably an issue with Google's geo-location.
  17. #197  
    Yep, GV lets you text multiple people, cool that it works, cause I wanted to do that.

    @dweiswasser: With the app, you don't have to use a web dialer. You enter the number you want to call into the app and the app sends it to GV, who then alls you back and connects you to your number. It's more seamless than it sounds.

    And it's very easy to test. Basically, both the GV and your number still work, so you can hand out either as you see fit. It's just that whoever calls your Google Voice number will have their call forwarded to your cell number (they don't realize this). There are options to have the caller id show either your GV number or the other person's number when they dial you.

    If you want to test, once you set up an account, just have your home number dial your GV number, and your cell should ring. Then just call your reg number and that will ring. Both will send you to GV's voicemail if you don't answer.
  18. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I made a change in the app that will fix it. Won't know until I send out the update though. Sorry!
    Thanks for the update on this matter. I will test the new version and report back as soon as it becomes available.
  19. #199  
    maybe i'll try this again one day and it'll work
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  20. tucker87's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #200  
    @65fastback Since you are a GS Agent and having the same issue me I assume you are in Louisville. The error is a 502 error... Sound familiar? Yep... Lousiviile area code. So if you have a 502 area code this app doesn't work.

    No word from connor if this is a backend or app issue.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions