1.    #1  
    Ok, so I'm trying to make an App...I'm really only making it for me but I would like to eventually make it more configurable so that others could use it if they want.

I was able to make the whole GUI with Ares...super simple. But I have no idea how to do the coding aspect, and actually get it working. Hopefully someone here can help. I can send some money your way if you do (but if you expect money let me know how much in advance, and this app won't be worth any money to anyone so when it's done I'm planning on offering it for free).

Anyways, here's some background info. I just switched banks. At the new bank I have three accounts. I can't set up direct deposit at my work because I'm not considered a permanent employee (even though I've been working there 5 years). Because of that, obviously I have to deposit the checks myself. For some reason, I don't feel comfortable leaving them in an ATM, so I always take them directly to a branch. I deposit everything into one of my accounts, then I want my app to calculate how much I should transfer to my other two accounts, and send me an email to remind me to do so.

Basically on my first scene I have three things for inputting info, and two buttons. I have a field to type in total deposit, a thing to select how many paychecks I deposited, and a field to input how much is not from paychecks. Then I have a button for calculate, and a button for reset. On the second stage I have two fields that show the calculated amount for how much should be transferred, but they can be edited. Then I have a button to send these in an email.

If anyone can help me with this, please let me know. I can send what I've already made in Ares, and I can set up an Excel spreadsheet to show the calculations I want.

Thanks!
    My recommendation, since you're using Ares, is to create the app with the tutorial found here: Creating your own medical apps for WebOS (part 3)

It's very similar to what you're doing with the calculation, but it does so in a single scene. The good news is that once you get the calculation down, it's not hard to pass the values to the other scene. Fortunately, the part 4 of the tutorial covers this at: Creating your own medical apps for WebOS (part 4)

There is a 5th tutorial that can be found here: Creating your own medical apps for WebOS (part 5) However, part 3 and 4 should give you enough information to get your app going!
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info! That definitely did help getting me going. I still need to figure out how to get the calculate button to advance to the second scene and how to have the second scene show the results. I also need to figure out the emailing part.

If I post what I have here could someone take a quick look and let me know what I'm missing? It should be only a couple really simple things...

Thanks again!
    If you post what you have so far, I'm sure someone will be glad to answer your questions!
  5.    #5  
    Alright, I attached it. Like I said, I don't know how to get the calculations (vars reserveresult, growthresult) to show up on the second scene (result). I also have no idea how to get the email part to work.

I would like to replace my numbers in the calculations with variables so that if other people are interested in this (I doubt many people will be) they could chose a dollar amount or a percentage to go into each account per paycheck.

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The e-mail part is fairly easy. Here is a code example: (From Mojo.Controller.SceneController.serviceRequest())

this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.applicationManager', {
    method: 'launch',
    parameters: {
    id: 'com.palm.app.email',
    params: {
    summary: 'Check out this News story...',
    text: this.storyFeed.stories[this.storyIndex].url
    }
    }
    });

I'll have to take a look at your code later. I've got to work on my app at the moment. Hopefully, someone else can respond sooner.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa