Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I know there is already a thread about parental controls, but that one has de-volved into how to REMOVE the web app entirely.

Now what I want is a simple app or patch that monitors all websites visited, and all apps installed, but doesn't store that data on the device. It needs to be sent (either via email or stored on a separate site) to (an) accountability partner(s). I'm not so much worried about filtering as I am about accountability.

It seems that android and iOS have a few options that do this (covenant eyes). I think the demand would be there if a developer was to create something like this.

Personally, this type of software would be nearly-invaluable for my Pre--I would quickly spend upwards of $50 on it if it worked correctly.

Anyone else out there hoping for accountability software? Chime-in with how much you would pay for this type of software and maybe a developer will meet our demand with some supply!
    Last edited by cwhead321; 10/28/2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    I know there is already a thread about parental controls, but that one has de-volved into how to REMOVE the web app entirely.

Now what I want is a simple app or patch that monitors all websites visited, and all apps installed, but doesn't store that data on the device. It needs to be sent (either via email or stored on a separate site) to (an) accountability partner(s). I'm not so much worried about filtering as I am about accountability.

It seems that android and iOS have a few options that do this (covenant eyes). I think the demand would be there if a developer was to create something like this.

Personally, this type of software would be nearly-invaluable for my Pre--I would quickly spend upwards of $50 on it if it worked correctly.

Anyone else out there hoping for accountability software? Chime-in with how much you would pay for this type of software and maybe a developer will meet our demand with some supply!
    But what if your child were to remove the app?

And this type of app would have to be homebrew unless Palm opened up the APIs to check what apps are installed.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    But what if your child were to remove the app?
    I never said this type of app would be for my child.
    Does x3watch have anything like that available? They have it for the PC but don't know if it supports any mobile platforms.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Does x3watch have anything like that available? They have it for the PC but don't know if it supports any mobile platforms.
    I checked with them and they have Android and iOS options but aren't planning on anything for webOS. I even looked at the Epic and EVO for this reason, Android can't hold a candle to webOS.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    That's all the ideas we got???