1.    #1  
    I just read this on engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/i...in-record-time

I wonder, since this is based on Dosbox could Dosbox be ported to WebOS? Right now, I run DosBox within Ubuntu 10.10 very well and could see this being ported to WebOS.

What would the feasibility be to create such an emulator for WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    I just read this on engadget:

iDOS emulator hits the App Store, gets pulled in record time -- Engadget

I wonder, since this is based on Dosbox could Dosbox be ported to WebOS? Right now, I run DosBox within Ubuntu 10.10 very well and could see this being ported to WebOS.

What would the feasibility be to create such an emulator for WebOS?
    this sounds like what ive been saying about classic being dropped from the app store

Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Umm.. the app store mentioned here is Apple's, so is not relavent to Classic for WebOS in any way. The issue with Classic is that the code to enable it is not in the ROM for WebOS 2.0, so really this is a pre-emptive action to try and make HP/Palm add it before WebOS 2.0 goes live.

With this I would think that you could take the Linux code and package it with the SDK to run on WebOS, of course you'd have to set it up to work with the keyboard and touch screen. If I knew anything about programming I would probably try it, but I have no programming background.... maybe I can get one of our Grad students to do it... hmmm
    WebdOS! Kings Quest! Leisure Suit Larry! AlleyCat! FTW!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    apple pulled it. i would love to see a list of the apps apple has rejected. they didnt want groove shark...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    IMO, Dosbox could be ported to WebOS because it's a SDL app, so normally a compilation with (maybe) some modifications will make it work on our favourite phone !
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    anyone have the devs email address? we can ask him to come to the dark side...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  8.    #8  
    Wow.... really not any more interest in this. I guess the thought of running Dos games or programs like Win95 in WebOS doesn't have an appeal. Oh well, I'll just enjoy running these old games and stuff in Ubuntu
    Bump.

Seriously this would be an awesome next project for anyone who is capable. I would probably pay up to $4.99 for a fully functional dos emulator.
    Yes! I too want Dos functionality. I have scummvm for many of the point and click games I want to play, but there are still a couple I would love.
    Hi, I am new to webOS and the touchpad. I saw all the discussions about the beta dosbox and have downloaded it through the website (0.74.4). Here is the thing...I have no idea how to install programs on my touchpad, except through the HP app catalog. Do I need to move this to a specific folder using the USB and computer? Please help my rookie webOS ***** through this. I would really love to try a couple of old DOS games on my touchpad. Thanks in advance.

-webOS rookie