Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Save/Restore should always be installed using Preware, and Preware works nicely on webOS 2.0

I'm going to start working on some patches for 2.0 on the flight to dev day ...

-- Rod
    I couldn't find Save/Restore in the list of packages for some reason, I think I might be missing feeds but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have.

Every time it updates/installs GNU Patch it keeps telling me system modifications are needed, then after restarting Preware then tells me to reboot, I can't seem to get it installing properly.
    Last edited by lyptt; 11/17/2010 at 05:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyptt View Post
    I couldn't find Save/Restore in the list of packages for some reason, I think I might be missing feeds but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have.

Every time it updates/installs GNU Patch it keeps telling me system modifications are needed, then after restarting Preware then tells me to reboot, I can't seem to get it installing properly.
    OK, that sounds like a problem that will need fixing.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it until I get a Pre 2 in my hands.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've found that all the apps that use SDL to display fail to work too, they either don't display anything (Doom) or restart Luna (ScummVM). I'm guessing that's because of some behind the scenes changes to SDL in Web OS 2.
    please donate to the current fundraiser so rod and his team can work on 2.0 and keep us awash in homebrew goodness.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/268404-web-thon-help-raise-fund-webos-internals-projects-2-0-future-devi.html
    There are no available patches at the minute, so it's hardly worth installing - hopefully when this gets up to speed I shall return.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12