Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    Hello developers:

    This kind of app can't be that hard: an app that tracks your mileage using the GPS so that you can keep track of your mileage for business/work. You know: tap to start tracking, tap to finish, enter a description, export in some sort of spreadsheet format format, etc.

    I think other platforms have this...BUT i can't imagine they are very good since this kind of app needs the ability to run in the background (i.e. true multitasking) which I believe WebOS allows.

    Please develop this (HP develpers are you listening...you want to appeal to business users right?)

    Thanks for your help,
    Brad
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Hello developers:

    This kind of app can't be that hard: an app that tracks your mileage using the GPS so that you can keep track of your mileage for business/work. You know: tap to start tracking, tap to finish, enter a description, export in some sort of spreadsheet format format, etc.

    I think other platforms have this...BUT i can't imagine they are very good since this kind of app needs the ability to run in the background (i.e. true multitasking) which I believe WebOS allows.

    Please develop this (HP develpers are you listening...you want to appeal to business users right?)

    Thanks for your help,
    Brad
    My app GPS Trip Panel can do most of what you said. I can add functionality later for exports when the API becomes available in webOS 2.0.

    Thanks,

    Number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    My app GPS Trip Panel can do most of what you said. I can add functionality later for exports when the API becomes available in webOS 2.0.

    Thanks,

    Number1pete
    Thanks Number1pete for answering. I glanced at your app online, it looks well done. However, does your app create a log? (i.e. can your app log and save the mileage for multiple trips and let you assign descriptions to the trips?).

    Perhaps you could use the base of your current app and tweak it to offer the logging functionality with some of the features i am suggesting and sell it as a different app? (I think another neat feature would be saved starting points (Home, Work) so that a person could start the trip while the GPS is still finding a signal and the app would use google maps to get the distance travelled so far based on the entered starting point).
    Last edited by bradleyj; 10/26/2010 at 09:31 AM.
  4. tonymaro's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #4  
    I don't know about you, but both my company and the IRS want to see odometer logs, so GPS really doesn't do much there.

    For those of you needing to track odo readings, I've posted a free (no ads) app to do just that, and email a spreadsheet for you.

    Since these forums hate new users I can't post a link to the QR code, so you'll have to search the market for "MilesTrac"
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymaro View Post
    I don't know about you, but both my company and the IRS want to see odometer logs, so GPS really doesn't do much there.

    For those of you needing to track odo readings, I've posted a free (no ads) app to do just that, and email a spreadsheet for you.

    Since these forums hate new users I can't post a link to the QR code, so you'll have to search the market for "MilesTrac"
    You're talking about QR codes and "market" so I'm wondering: Are you maybe an Android developer and did you post this in the wrong area? webOS devices don't have a decent enough camera (no auto-focus enabled) to properly read QR codes.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup

Posting Permissions