1.    #1  
    I emailed the guys at fishtext about the webOS app and they said they don't plan on developing for Palm. Fishtext is by the way avery cheap website for sending sms worldwide. For example, I send text to europe of less than 2 cents. It shows my phone number to the person, so they respond to my regular phone number.
    Anyways, their website also doesn't work on pre, which is weird because it is just AJAX, and it works fine on iPhone for example....

So, how hard would it be to build an app for fishtext? Would it be easy and doable with ARES?

I used to code some Java at the Uni, and PHP, HTML, Javascript, but I never developed for webOS, and it's been such a long time since I opened any IDE.
    Anyways, their website also doesn't work on pre, which is weird because it is just AJAX, and it works fine on iPhone for example....
    Their site is Flash. You need to hit up fishtext.com/nonflash.html

So, how hard would it be to build an app for fishtext? Would it be easy and doable with ARES?
    Moderately, and I wouldn't recommend Ares. Problem with Fishtext, is there doesn't appear to be a public API, so you're gonna have to dig into quite a bit of REGEX to get it to work. Biggest challenge will just be making sure you get consistent REGEX reads across different sessions, so not overly difficult, just time consuming. Of course, that could be avoided if you can convince them to give you API access.

Oh, and you really just need to brush the dust off your JavaScript/CSS/HTML knowledge and read up on developer.palm.com and prototypejs.org.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
  3.    #3  
    The website I meant is actually not flash (https://www.fishtext.com/cgi-bin/account?page=home).

I contacted them again, and they said they don't have any API since they don't support 3rd party applications.

I looked into the fishtext connector for Android's websms. You can find the source here:
    connectors/fishtext at WebSMS-Connector-fishtext-1.2.2 from felixb's websms - GitHub
    and the java file here:
    connectors/fishtext/src/de/ub0r/android/websms/connector/fishtext/ConnectorFishtext.java at WebSMS-Connector-fishtext-1.2.2 from felixb's websms - GitHub

I was able to get it log in through a simple address bar request. But I'm having a problem with sending texts.
    The URL is:
    https://www.fishtext.com/cgi-bin/ajax/sendMessage.cgi
    I can't make it to work even through that link. It seems it needs to load the whole thing (https://www.fishtext.com/cgi-bin/account), since the sendmessage link is a part of that window.

I don't get that presend part from the java file, it's either just a function to get the data for the message (number and text), or it is something from the fishtext side, maybe this message id is needed for every text. Do you get this?

By the way, when sending HTTPS: log in request through the address bar, is the link itself encoded?