1.    #1  
    What would it take to bring os support for text to speech speech to text? Is there an open source linux library that does this that could be added as a service? Could that be made available like the file management or haptic feedback service?

EDIT: Sorry, got it backwards, I want to be able to talk to the phone and have it put text in my todo list.
    Last edited by japomani; 10/25/2010 at 09:12 AM.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Palm would have to release access to the microphone for developers to use and they haven't done this on an open basis, yet.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    the OP is talking about text to speace api no need for mic api, just turn TEXT into SPEECH
    this whould have been cool Text-To-Speech (TTS) API Specification only they dont accept new signups

this page works http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
    I'm pretty sure it's already in the works. Speech Dispatcher is used for Navit at the moment, but I bet it could be used for whatever you want.
    Oops! I got it backwards! LOL Been one of those days. OP, please just ignore me.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    The thing about Speech Dispatcher is that it can only be used for homebrew development (right?). From the description of Speech Dispatcher on Preware, there is no dedicated application front-end, but a Mojo service and application will be developed in the future, so it will be more accessible to development. I suppose if you're feeling like looking through a lot of code, you can see how Navit uses Speech Dispatcher, since Navit is open source.