1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I'm sure this seems like a very odd question but hear me out.

I'm an android user but I have always been interested in webOS so I picked up a used pre for 50 bucks just to play around with. I don't have it yet but I plan on using it unactivated(I've already looked into meta-doctor and I think it'll be fine) and then tethering it to my nexus one whenever I want internet. Other than just playing around with it for fun, I'll probably use it whenever I want to write emails because a hardware keyboard is really nice. I was wishing that I could also use it for texts and was trying to figure out if I could write an app that would let me send an email to myself and have it automatically sent out as a text on my nexus one but then this occurred to me..

Would it be possible to make the pre act as if it were a bluetooth keyboard?
    My nexus supports HID devices, so if I could get the pre to work correctly, I'd be good to go. Not knowing much about webOS or bluetooth, though, I figured I'd come here and ask.

Obviously, I'm assuming that there isn't a way to do this currently as I'm probably the only person in the world who wants to do it but I just want to know if it would be possible. If so, I'll start looking into it and see if I could write an app that would let me do this. I hardly have any experience with web apps but I certainly know the basics of programming(I'm a software engineering student) and, starting in January, I'll have lots of free time.

So.. long story short, is this a completely ridiculous idea?
  2.    #2  
    If I did get this working, our bet people would love to use it with their palm pad.
    I'd love to use my Pre to type on my Wii... Sorry did that rhyme?
  4.    #4  
    good point. There are actually a lot of uses for this. Does anyone know who makes the bluetooth chip in the pre? I'm really going it's broadcom because I have a work term there in january.
    The new API’s and Bluetooth Protocol Stack in webOS 2.0 may allow this but we will need to wait and see. I have seen a demo of a Bluetooth keyboard hooked to the Pre but not the reverse. Please keep us posted on your discoveries on this topic.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~