1.    #1  
    I was wondering if it was possible to install webOS on a Droid or another phone with Ti3440 chipset. Since the hardware is the same the only changes required would be to turn off the check for hardware at the start. I am sure that is not trivial but has anyone thought about it?

If we can do it on a Droid then can it be done on Ti3640 based devices as well? I guess if Palm won't give me one I can make my own right

I hear that Ti4440 based kits are going to be available soon. You can see where I am going with this ..

I apologize in advance if this is not the right forum for this topic.
    Possible? With a *lot* of work, no guarantee of success, and probably no wifi or 3D games at the end.

Legal? Absolutely not - webOS is the copyright proprietary property of Palm.

-- Rod
  3.    #3  
    Hmm .. was not thinking clearly. Changing code would be a copyright violation emulation would require a much beefier hardware and defeats the purpose.

Question though... may seem very newbi but that is because I am ... Why no wifi or 3D if the hardware is the same why would the drivers not work?
    The CPU is only one part of the hardware.

-- Rod
    you would have to make all drivers etc, or get all pieces of hardware to match correctly.

I'm not sure, but I'm guess compossing drivers is really really hard, right?
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The CPU is only one part of the hardware.

-- Rod
    Umm arent you supposed to be sonewhere right now? Like um giving a speech?? lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Other hardware doesn't have a gesture area.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Umm arent you supposed to be sonewhere right now? Like um giving a speech?? lol
    He will be giving a speech on November 19th in NYC.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Other hardware doesn't have a gesture area.
    Nor do most share the same resolution, or identical screen, or identical wifi card, or identical keyboard, or... (see where I'm going?)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    He will be giving a speech on November 19th in NYC.
    Oh... oops! Carry on!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G