1.    #1  
    Palm has "approved" Preware Homebrew Documentation!

Palm Gives WebOS Homebrew Community a Little Love.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/207641/palm_gives_webos_homebrew_hackers_a_little_love.html

Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/13/2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Changed PC World's word "released" to "approved"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Palm has released Preware Homebrew Documentation!
    Palm didn't release it.

They simply approved its submission to the catalog. Like any other app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Palm didn't release it.

correction noted.

Everyone else in the world will see it the way PC world paints it.

btw: I also changed PC World's word "Hackers" to "Community" when I made the OP.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Not that people thinking it's official is a bad thing
    Can you imagine an app that gives exact directions on how to Jailbreak your iPhone making it into the Apple App Store? Because I can't. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Palm didn't release it.

yes but they could have kept it OUT of the catalog too. which means "regular" users don't have to seek out the info, its there via the app catalog, which adds a sense of "officialness" to it all.
    Seeing that Palm is so supportive of Homebrew and now specifically supportive of Preware, what is the current obstacle to getting Preware itself to appear in the Official Catalog? Is it a political or technical obstacle?
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    It's a security and liability issue.

There is a bright line of app catalogue safety and security that you must intentionally cross to install Preware.

-- Rod
    Palm obviously knows about Precentral, Webos Internals and what have you. Trust me. They know about it all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Palm obviously knows about Precentral, Webos Internals and what have you. Trust me. They know about it all lol.
    Who were you responding to?

If it was me, then of course Palm knows about what WebOS Internals does, cause I make it a priority to keep them informed with exactly that information.

-- Rod
    Rod - You're awesome. Thanks for all the great work you do

@Jason Black - Of course Palm knows, you don't think they just randomly chose Rod to fly to NY & speak at the Developer Day, did you?

I'm glad Palm has welcomed the homebrew community & supports you guys. WebOS wouldn't be the same with out you
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    This kind of support is something I always point out to people when they ask about my Pre - the way that Palm (and now HP) actually help and encourage the Homebrew community rather than trying to destroy it like Apple does.

This is one big reason I really, really hope the Pre2 (or its successor) is available on Sprint by the time my 2 year renewal comes up in June - I can optimize the phone for my needs rather than being forced to live with whatever the manufacturer decides is best for the people they want to target.