1.    #1  
    I am trying to display a few remote images in a scroller, but since they are fairly large (and get resized down so there is no benefit of the extra resolution) they slow down the scroller and make it choppy.

I know I could try and use ExtractFS to make it smaller and more optimized, but I am not sure how to use it on remote images. Someone mentioned that it worked for remote images on the Palm forums, but I haven't gotten it to work.

I have tried this:
    Forums webOS • View topic - Resize images through extractfs

Basically, I am trying to build a url like this:

formatted = "/var/luna/data/extractfs/" +
    encodeURIComponent(url) +
    ":0:0:200:200:3"

So that it turns out like this:

/var/luna/data/extractfs/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydomain.com%2Fimage.jpg:0:0:200:200:3

It shows up as a rectangle with a border around it (usually you would see this when using the IMG tag and you pointed to something which did not exist.

Any ideas on how to get it to work?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I don't believe remote images have worked in quite a while. I wound up downloading the images I want to use locally and then using extractfs with a local URL.
    try removing the encode part
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I don't believe remote images have worked in quite a while. I wound up downloading the images I want to use locally and then using extractfs with a local URL.
    I would definitely do that, but is there a way to delete images? I think I saw that the browser service had a way to do it or something weird...

EDIT: Looks like it is the download manager. I need a download ticket though, so I think I must have to "download" something to overwrite it and then use the service to delete the file...

Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    try removing the encode part
    If I remove the encode part it doesn't work either-- I think it has to do with the colon in the http:// (since extractfs uses colons to separate parameters).
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    I would definitely do that, but is there a way to delete images? I think I saw that the browser service had a way to do it or something weird...

EDIT: Looks like it is the download manager. I need a download ticket though, so I think I must have to "download" something to overwrite it and then use the service to delete the file...
    If you need to be able to delete the images, you'll need to use the Download Manager. The download ticket is the only approved way of deleting. If you want to keep on using the same name for a downloaded image, I think you can set the targetFilename and overwrite to the same name again and again (and it that case, you won't need to hang onto the download ticket).