1.    #1  
    I am working into my 4th hour here... how long is this thing supposed to take?

I could probably just re=install all my apps and patches myself after I Doctor in that amount of time anyways!

Is it supposed to take more than 4 hours to backup?

Or is there something clearly wrong with my phone.
    Houston we have a problem. I used Save/Restore instead of the backup utility for my last WebOS update which worked pretty nicely.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    are you talking about the palm backup, or something in preware?

the palm backup should just take a few moments while you are asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I am working into my 4th hour here... how long is this thing supposed to take?

I could probably just re=install all my apps and patches myself after I Doctor in that amount of time anyways!

Is it supposed to take more than 4 hours to backup?

Or is there something clearly wrong with my phone.
    I used that one time... Wrong choice. The better choice is Save/Restore.
    Mine took 20-30 mins
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6.    #6  
    I used Save/Restore too... is it as good? I was afraid it wouldnt save my patch list and Homebrew patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I used Save/Restore too... is it as good? I was afraid it wouldnt save my patch list
    and Homebrew patches.
    Stick to save/restore, it is safe and reliable. Read the thread for details on how to back up the saved package list in preware.

You are probably best staying away from pre backup utility as there are known issues with it.

Pip
    you backup your patches and preware stuff in preware as the 'saved package list', which backed up by save/restore.
    I never got backup to work properly.
    For me it's something to do when I install back my patches manually, then I could see all the unnecessary patches that I really didn't need.

:-D