1.    #1  
    This may be a quick open and close thread, but I will ask anyway.

Is it possible to duplicate an app so that you can open two or more instances of the same app? Similar to how the browser can open multiple cards.

My wish is to be able to open the stock photos app 2x with each instance showing a different folder.

My initial ignorant thought is that one could rename the base app (and supporting files) and this would make it appear to be unique. Think app cloning so to speak.

Any thoughts on feasibility? Usefulness?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post

Is it possible to duplicate an app so that you can open two or more instances of the same app? Similar to how the browser can open multiple cards.

My wish is to be able to open the stock photos app 2x with each instance showing a different folder.

My initial ignorant thought is that one could rename the base app (and supporting files) and this would make it appear to be unique. Think app cloning so to speak.

This can be made into a patch. Let me work on it a bit.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post

Definitely possible and somewhat easy to implement.

As an example, you can set Internalz to open its Image Viewer, Text Editor, etc. to open in new cards. Lol, I've had 20+ of those Internalz cards open at once; it's pretty sweet.

The issue implementing it globally could be problematic. Is the Photos app the only one you want opening in multiple cards or are there other specific ones?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4.    #4  
    Two responses? I'm pleased.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Definitely possible and somewhat easy to implement.

As an example, you can set Internalz to open its Image Viewer, Text Editor, etc. to open in new cards. Lol, I've had 20+ of those Internalz cards open at once; it's pretty sweet.

The issue implementing it globally could be problematic. Is the Photos app the only one you want opening in multiple cards or are there other specific ones?
    Really? It's that easy? Wonder why thatis not stock (maybe 2.0).

Currently I am only considering the photos app. I could think of a few paid apps where it would also be nice, but that might require a different approach.

Of course, a global solution would be huge!
  6.    #6  
    *bump* ?
    Isn't twee doing this when you open two twitter accounts?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Isn't twee doing this when you open two twitter accounts?
    Twee may do this. I only have one account. It does open two cards. Many apps do this actually. Photos does not.
    any chance you could this for the task app?