Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nytemyst
  1.    #1  
    We would like to see an app to remote control HP ProLiant Servers (over iLO).
    Possible control functions for HP Integrated Lights-Out would be:
    - Virtual KVM (virtual Console)
    - Virtual Power
    - System health status
    - View management log
    - Service Monitoring in background (online/offline/temp to high...) via webOS-notifications

This would be a great deal for Administrators to have a quick access to their servers as they are not in office.

AND it would be great to cross-sell this option for HP:
    Have a HP-Server infrastructure? Then buy a HP/Palm webOS Phone for your Admins to have them monitored.

Any HP/Palm developer here?
    I wouldn't mind giving this a try, do you know of anywhere to get some documentation on an API or someway for the servers to send the status over the internet?

If you could post a link to some sort of documentation I would definitely check it out and let you know what I think I could do.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I think you don't need to.

An App like this called "My Datacenter" was in the Beta Feeds for some days this week. Publisher HP!

I hope it will return as a non Beta soon!!!!
  4.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones2026 View Post
    I wouldn't mind giving this a try, do you know of anywhere to get some documentation on an API or someway for the servers to send the status over the internet?

If you could post a link to some sort of documentation I would definitely check it out and let you know what I think I could do.
    Well i don't know if there is a special API for this and it would be rather difficult to get a Test-Server running iLO on open ports in the internet.

Here is a Link to the HP documentation:
    HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Advanced - Overview
    I think I'm gonna wait and see what HP puts out since it appears they already have one in the works or almost finished as mentioned earlier.

If you got any app ideas that you havent already seen started yet let me know. I should have some time to work on a new app in the following couple months!
    This would be great on a touch pad now.
    Taurec likes this.
    That would be brilliant!, i recently got a Pre 2 and would very much like to be able to iLO into my servers from the office or home, it would save time and make my job easier when it comes to troubleshooting! :P I would happily be a beta tester just pm me when it become available!

Thanks