1.    #1  
    I'm interested in building a specific app for webos. I've familiarized myself with ares but really don't at all know anything about coding and such.

looking to see if there's a developer in Calgary, AB Canada who could potentially help me out?
    Hi there,
    I'm surprised nobody has helped you yet. I'm guessing its because many of us here are not using Ares and are therefore not familiar with it. If you would like to try using Komodo instead, then I can help you. Of course Komodo requires more intermediate programming skills than Ares, so it might be a challenge for you, I don't know.

If you like this idea, then I suggest you start here and see how it goes...
    Building Your First App – Palm Developer Center

Note: Where it mentions the use of Eclipse, I suggest you instead use Komodo, which can be found in the sticky thread at the top of this forum. That's the only way that I personally would be able to help you effectively. Of course there are others on this forum that could help you with the intricacies of Eclipse if you prefer that. Thanks
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Note: Where it mentions the use of Eclipse, I suggest you instead use Komodo, which can be found in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.
    +1

Komodo plus the addon is pure sugar. Also, if you still want help from your area try posting on webos roundup and weboshelp.net as well.
  4.    #4  
    thanks to the both of you for getting back to my post. I appreciate it.

ill give those 2 options a look this weekend, and see what I an do.