1.    #1  
    Hi again,

I am currently trying to setup my pixi and stumbled over a question about ipkg-opt (Optware Advanced Linux Command Line Installer) vs. Preware installing from the optware feeds.

German O2 Pixi plus Model P121UEU
    Palm webOS 1.4.5
    PreWare 1.3.6

I noticed with the editor Nano, that when I install it from ipkg-opt, it works fine but when I check installation status from Preware it is not listed as installed (under Installed Packages > Optware).
    The following shows it is indead installed:

Code:
    # ipkg-opt info nano
    Package: nano
    Version: 2.2.5-1
    Depends: ncurses
    Section: editor
    Architecture: arm
    maintainer: Mark Donszelmann <mark@donszelmann.com>
    MD5Sum: b38c463e49ba4b5c9f3e4cef65401591
    Size: 105794
    Filename: nano_2.2.5-1_arm.ipk
    Source: <cut>/dist/v2.2/nano-2.2.5.tar.gz
    Description: A pico like editor
    The other way round when installing nano via Preware (and before removing it with ipkg-opt remove), it shows up under Packages > Optware but then not with ipkg-opt list_installed. It does not list with ipkg list_installed either:

Code:
    # ipkg-opt list_installed
    bash - 3.2.49-1 - A bourne style shell
    dropbear - 0.52-5 - Lightweight SSH client and server system
    lzo - 2.03-1 - Compression library
    ncurses - 5.7-1 - NCurses libraries
    openssh - 5.5p1-1 - a FREE version of the SSH protocol suite of network connectivity tools.
    openssh-sftp-server - 5.5p1-1 - sftp-server only from a FREE version of the SSH protocol suite of network connectivity tools.
    openssl - 0.9.8o-1 - Openssl provides the ssl implementation in libraries libcrypto and libssl, and is needed by many other applications and librari
    openvpn - 2.1.3-1 - SSL based VPN server with Windows client support
    psmisc - 22.11-1 - A set of some small useful utilities that use the proc filesystem.
    readline - 6.1-2 - The GNU Readline library provides a set of functions for use by applications that allow users to edit command lines as they are
    sudo - 1.7.4.4-1 - System utility to execute commands as the superuser
    zlib - 1.2.5-1 - zlib is a library implementing the 'deflate' compression system.
    Successfully terminated.
    Under Preware I see the following Optware feeds (with 10 available packages)
    Code:
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware/all
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/optware/armv6
    In my /opt/etc/ipkg/optware.conf I have the following feeds:
    Code:
    src/gz cross  <cut>/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/unstable
    src/gz native  <cut>/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/native/unstable
    src/gz kernel <cut>/feeds/optware/pre/cross/unstable
    (The latter might be a result of the script optware-bootstrap-manual.sh. It was already mentioned that I shouldn't have used this script.)

What is the difference between using Preware+Optware feeds and command line ipkg-opt?
    Last edited by papa4narchia; 09/28/2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: removed wrong statement