1.    #1  
    First I know next to nothing about developing. I don't know how hard it is or easy things are etc. And total respect to you guys and gals who do.

So I used to have Treo's with PalmOS and they had apps for everything under the sun.
    Then enter WebOS and there are almost no apps even after almost 2 years?

There were apps for launchers, etc TEALLock was great Zlauncher etc...
    Are these companies/individuals just not interested in deving for WebOS? Is it to hard to emulate the PalmOS version to a WebOS version?

I'm just not understanding the lack of with WebOS and looking for some insight.
    Thanks for all the work you have all done.

Thanks.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    1st: webOS has had an open App Catalog for 1 year and the devices have been out for 1.25 years. NOWHERE near the "almost 2 years" you wrote

2nd: PalmOS was the old OS made by Palm. webOS was a COMPLETE rewrite. Yes, it IS that hard to just put a PalmOS app onto webOS, because the technology and APIs are different. Software is something you must write for each platform in a slightly different way. For example, when Apple moved to Intel processors, software was no longer backwards compatible unless the developer built it for the old processor. Nowhere near a perfect comparison, but it shows what I mean.

It will take some time for webOS to build up. Give it time. In 1 year we got 4000+ apps. That is a good and healthy number considering:

1) What it started at (just a dozen or so)
    2) The tools Palm originally provided were basic, what we have now is amazing but still not there just yet
    3) The month over month growth of the Catalog has been exponential

You can expect a high growth of apps and no doubt this time next year we'll see probably 50,000 or more apps (since the current developers will be building apps similar to the iPhone and Android versions that the devs won't make on webOS, plus the HP printers and slates will help growth).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    What's more is that many of those companies got their start because of Palm and now they just don't care. They won't build an app (or rewrite their old apps that can actually be done on webOS) for webOS even though without Palm they would be nothing.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup