1.    #1  
    If you have a lot of scenes, can it make the app slow?

for instance, I'm making an app so i can practice
    if it were a web site it would be one page that has a link to open another page that has a link to open another page, etc...

transferring this to an app, it will continually have a link on each scene that opens another scene, there will be a lot of scenes in the entire app.

I know from a practice app i made, i had the option to update the current scene instead of push another scene

my question is, can i update a scene by clearing all content with new content?
    Can a lot of scenes make it slower?
    Take my app (FFplayer) for instance. The entire thing is only made up of 2 scenes! I just update whats on them based on user actions, or I push a new (duplicate) scene and pass variables to affect the content. I don't know what the preferred approach is in WebOS programming, but my approach seems to be working pretty well.
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
  3.    #3  
    did you get a message from me? i sent one yesterday asking this question but it doesn't say i have any sent messages.
    Oh sorry I missed it... I see it now. Ok I'll send you a response via PM in a few minutes.
    Just my two-bits. Your app can have a whole plethora of scenes, just pop the ones that you don't need open. Also, you can template scenes and just update the data that's displayed. For instance, in a music app you'd make one template scene with a list and header, then you can just filter your album/artist/etc details into the scene. Throw in a few dynamic images/icons and your users will never know just how lazy you are.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    LOL thanks. But I'm curious... does having "a whole plethora of scenes" at least affect the intial load time of the app, due to its larger overall file size?
    Presumably SDK apps are rendered using webkit so I'd guess the load time when a card opens is equivalent to loading pages in the browser (maybe a little shorter if you consider that most websites contain a lot of arbitrary content).
    All files in your Mojo app are loaded on-request. Your app doesn't pre-load all your scenes, it just pulls them in as they are pushed. Note that any files listed in your sources.json NOT associated with a scene will be loaded on startup.

@semprance, don't forget the fact that the content is local. Downloading websites generally accounts for at least half of the time-to-display. At the same time, however, loading an app in WebOS includes setting up a sandboxed environment and a call to the garbage collector.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.