1.    #1  
    If I have read the threads correctly, you may no longer install (or use) mobile hotspot on a Pre (for Sprint.) So are there any options for Sprint customers?
    I think USB tethering with Freetether should work.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    My sprint pre still work with mobile hotspot.....
    Sprint does not allow the usage of Mobile Hotspot on the Palm Pre.
    HOWEVER, that doesn't stop me from using it in emergancies...
    What threads have you read? I can still install and use both FT and MHS.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    If I have read the threads correctly, you may no longer install (or use) mobile hotspot on a Pre (for Sprint.) So are there any options for Sprint customers?
    No, you did not read the threads correctly. MHS was NEVER offered on the Sprint Pre. However, FreeTether and MyTether are homebrew solutions that still work. Using either has always been a violation of TOC of your Sprint contract....from day-1.
    I guess what the poster is asking is does Sprint offer it with a price? Cause I just tried mine and it said something like "no internet sharing. It's an additional service. Call your carrier." I'm kinda hot at that. Maybe an update from the app store will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    I guess what the poster is asking is does Sprint offer it with a price? Cause I just tried mine and it said something like "no internet sharing. It's an additional service. Call your carrier." I'm kinda hot at that. Maybe an update from the app store will help.
    That's just the generic message that is displayed.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup