1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,
    A while back I was using nova-browser in conjunction with the emulator, and was messing around with some of the files located at /etc/init.d
    Now the Pre emulator throws an error on boot (while the Pixi emulator still works fine).

The error I'm getting in the emulator boot screen is...
    "Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel."

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire SDK, but it didn't fix it. Any ideas?

On another topic, can anybody guide me to any online resources describing programming considerations regarding making my app Pixi compatible? 1) How to detect a Pixi user, so that I can adjust my CSS accordingly 2) I have a slight hunch that the HTML5 Audio object does not play well with the Pixi.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    When you uninstall the emulator, make sure to also delete the Pre and Pixi virtual machines within VirtualBox.

I detect a device other than the Pre by using this code:

Code:
    var deviceTypePortraitOffset = 480 - Mojo.Environment.DeviceInfo.screenHeight;
    deviceTypePortraitOffset will now be equal to the difference between the Pre's screen height and the current device's. If deviceTypePortraitOffset is not 0, then you're running on something other than a Pre.

In addition to dealing with device type, you also have to worry about notifications, popups, and other things that come up at the bottom of the screen.

To do that, you can use the following code:

Code:
    var notificationHeight = Mojo.Environment.DeviceInfo.screenHeight - this.controller.window.innerHeight - 28;  // 28 is the height of the info bar at the top of the screen
    Then in a 'resize' this.controller.window handler, you can adjust certain CSS elements based upon the notification height and the device height offset.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami