Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rockandchelle View Post
    WOW!!!! Didn't realize anybody was using the app anymore. Sorry about that guys. I am trying to decide how I want to handle this. I have been away from a Pre and WebOS development for quite sometime.

If the traditional SDK and development methods still exist, then it shouldn't be a problem at all for me to push another update. I will just have to remember how to do it. Is Enyo a requirement right now?
    Hey! You're back! A nice surprise!
    You may have noticed this: Some good news from webosports / LuneOS?
    As Legacy webOS has not been updated (just patched!) since 2011, mojo is still used and the SDK can still be obtained. It may be possible to add closed-source mojo to Open-webOS, but Enyo is a good plan for the future and you could then take the app to other platforms.
    Supported Platforms | Enyo JS

Might an app for a site that has high res film posters be a good fit for a smart TV?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/04/2014 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockandchelle View Post
    WOW!!!! Didn't realize anybody was using the app anymore. Sorry about that guys. I am trying to decide how I want to handle this. I have been away from a Pre and WebOS development for quite sometime.

If the traditional SDK and development methods still exist, then it shouldn't be a problem at all for me to push another update. I will just have to remember how to do it. Is Enyo a requirement right now?
    Hey, thanks for replying! Did you get bombarded with message notifications?

I have read about people having challenges downloading the SDK in recent months, but I believe it is all still available on HP's site. Enyo is not a requirement - it is not officially available for anything but the Touchpad (though you can bundle it with a phone app - I wouldn't recommend messing with it for phones). HP HAS removed all of the download links and the download page, but the SDK is still on their CDN, and the links can be found in this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...re-almost.html

The TMDB API has changed in quite a few areas (in fact, for browsing movies, the new API does not seem to allow sorting by title...). Also, since I've done much of the work, I'd hate to see it not get used, so you are welcome to it. I have 90% of it working on my phone right now.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/04/2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added link to thread for downloading SDK installer..
  3.    #23  
    Actually, I only had one Private Message, which seems weird.

I actually got the SDK installed last night and was able to get it to package and install to the emulator (surprised I still could do that). The only thing I couldn't get working, and it really isn't a big deal, is that I did all of my development with Komodo Editor. Back in the day the WebOS plugin for it would automaticaly pacakge and push to the emulator. I couldn't get that working. I had to do it all manually. I am on a Mac, and I think it had to do with the fact that palm-package and palm-install weren't in my env variables, I had to navigate to the actual location of them to get them to run.

I played with the API from TMDB some, and they definitely changed things. I will look at it more as soon as I have some free time.
    sshaka likes this.
    Cool. And as I said, you're welcome to my code changes if you want to save some time. Just PM me your email and I'll zip it up and send it to you. I promise I didn't hack anything too bad.

A word of warning: HP has been *extremely* slow processing app updates and not really responding to emails, so it could take a while for the update to go live after you submit it.
    sshaka likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12