1.    #1  
    My Palm Pre (and I'm not alone on this) is almost unusable for apps which use the accelerometer for control input. For some reason, my phone thinks it's level when it's tilted about 30 degrees clockwise. Unfortunately, not all accelerometer based apps allow the user to calibrate the accelerometer. I think the best way to address this would be to create an App that applies OS level calibration for the device.

If someone could create such an app that would be greatly appreciated.
    If that is the case you either have a hardware issue (that requires phone replacement) or perhaps a trip to the doctor will fix it?

My take anyway...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by camron9989 View Post
    My Palm Pre (and I'm not alone on this) is almost unusable for apps which use the accelerometer for control input. For some reason, my phone thinks it's level when it's tilted about 30 degrees clockwise. Unfortunately, not all accelerometer based apps allow the user to calibrate the accelerometer. I think the best way to address this would be to create an App that applies OS level calibration for the device.

If someone could create such an app that would be greatly appreciated.
    The calibration settings are done at the factory, and stored in NVRAM tokens. They cannot be modified by a normal mojo application.

The WebOS Internals MetaDoctor can be used to change them, but it's not a procedure for those who are not an expert on the Linux command line.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals