Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Hi, I mean no rudeness by this at all! But I have alot of experience in graphic design, I love your app but hehe I'm not quite a fan of the icon... May I offer my assistance (obviously free lol) to create a new icon for you? It can still be that just a little more polished...
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    LOL yep I know you've been waiting a long time for that combination. Actually I still have to test it with bluetooth, but I dont see why it wouldnt work. I'll let you know. One things for sure though, the new player that I and nyuepik are building does true gapless very nicely. I took a single song and cut it up into 5 separate mp3 tracks. Then I played them all back in succession and they played seemlessly - you would have thought it was a single mp3 file.

As for FFplayer on webOS 2.x however, the simulated gapless is broken. So I might just leave it disabled for now.

Also I must mention that Jason Robitaille has been a tremendous help in optimizing the node.jsjsjs $code$!

Anyway you all should be able to try out the new music player that I and nyuepik are building in the next few weeks!
    Thx for that info, so now we just have to hope that webOS 2.x will be relased for our precious Pre minus too
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I have alot of experience in graphic design, I love your app but hehe I'm not quite a fan of the icon... May I offer my assistance (obviously free lol) to create a new icon for you?
    Thanks Ursula! No offense taken. I would be interested in seeing what you come up with. Furthermore, there is a general need for good graphic design in the new app that nyuepik and I are building. I created a totally different icon for that app, which I can show you. But more importantly, right now that other app is just a basic shell that looks plain as hell LOL! Really its just in an alpha state right now, but we'll be building it into something huge as time goes on. Nevertheless I'm trying to get some ideas, for example how to make a cool looking equalizer, as well as a cool overall music player interface look and feel. Maybe you could provide some ideas/graphics to that end also. (nyuepik is masterfully programming the back end "heart and brains" of the whole app, while I'm programming the front end UI)

@warlord9159
    Maybe you have some graphic design ideas also?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Thx for that info, so now we just have to hope that webOS 2.x will be relased for our precious Pre minus too
    Well I have just confirmed that the new app does work with bluetooth. Furthermore, I'm testing it out on a Sprint Pre minus running webOS 2.x so I think you've got a lot to look forward to!
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    cool I can take a@look. But what would you like changed?
  5.    #125  
    This would be in regards to the new app I'm building with nyuepik. Not FFplayer
    can you send some pic of it.
    I don't mind at all but it would be nice to see what the gui kinda looks like
  7.    #127  
    Warlord, I sent you a PM
    k got it.
    I'll get back to you a bit later.
    May I have a PM as well? Thankyou!
    I created a mockup (assuming you were editing or making another music player)

Each dot is Artists, Songs, Albums, Playlists, and Genres. You swipe left to right to access each list so the user doesn't have to press any buttons and all your content is automatically loaded. It is sort of complicated but it would be a big seller if you sold it in the app market. The top is just what is playing at the moment The blue thing that just kind cuts through shows how far the song is.

This could be a POSSIBLE, obviously there are endless options, icon.
    Last edited by ursula; 02/02/2011 at 10:14 PM.
  11.    #131  
    Thanks Ursula,
    It's very interesting to see the differences between your work and warlord's work. Both very different, but nice. I have a lot to consider right now. (feel free to email me to talk further)

PS. As for the icon, my personal preference is for a more beefy/thicker one. Nevertheless, I'd feel bad if you spent to much time on the logo, since I'll be focussing most of my efforts towards the new app with nyuepik now, rather than FFplayer.
  12.    #132  
    To all the loyal followers of FFplayer. This situation with HP sucks so bad. I'm sure we all feel the same pain. I even have a webOS 2.x version of FFplayer ready to release, but am simply NOT ALLOWED to release it. I don't know if I ever will be allowed to release it.

I'm seriously on the fence about jumping ship and moving to Android. I'm sure there are those of you who are currently using FFplayer who feel the same way. Just as an FYI there appears to already exist an app like my FFplayer on Android. Check it out....
    MortPlayer Music (beta) - Android app on AppBrain

I won't necessarily start developing for Android, but I'm probably going to buy an Android phone and start using that MortPlayer as my main personal music player going forward.

PS. Same goes for the new app I've been building with nyuepik, it is totally uncertain when/if/how we'll be able to release it to the public. I just don't want to get anybody's hopes up anymore.

Thanks
    To all the loyal followers of FFplayer. This situation with HP sucks so bad. I'm sure we all feel the same pain. I even have a webOS 2.x version of FFplayer ready to release, but am simply NOT ALLOWED to release it. I don't know if I ever will be allowed to release it.

I'm seriously on the fence about jumping ship and moving to Android. I'm sure there are those of you who are currently using FFplayer who feel the same way. Just as an FYI there appears to already exist an app like my FFplayer on Android. Check it out....
    MortPlayer Music (beta) - Android app on AppBrain

I won't necessarily start developing for Android, but I'm probably going to buy an Android phone and start using that MortPlayer as my main personal music player going forward.

PS. Same goes for the new app I've been building with nyuepik, it is totally uncertain when/if/how we'll be able to release it to the public. I just don't want to get anybody's hopes up anymore.

Thanks
    So yesterday I meta-doctored my VZ Pre+ to 2.1.0 ... I was wondering if there have been any changes that will allow you to release the 2.0 version of ffplayer? (internal beta, your-mileage-may-vary, don't-come-crying-to-us-if-it-breaks feed? )
  14.    #134  
    I wish I could hit the 'thanks' button more than once
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    I wish I could hit the 'thanks' button more than once
    What he said..........
    So, is File Player the webOS 2.x version of FFplayer?

What are your future development plans? I hope you continue with this project.
    RealMayo has stopped developing, so File Player is all your gonna get. Audiophile is a bit of a spiritual successor since Real was involved in the early development, so you can try that once it hits beta in a week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    RealMayo has stopped developing, so File Player is all your gonna get. Audiophile is a bit of a spiritual successor since Real was involved in the early development, so you can try that once it hits beta in a week or so.

What a pity! So no more v1.4.5 music player suporting choosing from folders?
    Yeah, unfortunately. Audiophile does File Playing for 2.1, but if you are limited to 1.4.5, then you are out of luck.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast