Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Yep that sounds cool. So how exactly do you have your NAS connected to your Pre?
    I use the terminal app, wich gives me a linux like shell.
    The command for mounting the share look like this:

mount -t cifs -o user=USER,passwd=PASS //192.168.0.1/sharename /media/internal/music

You can make a small shell-skript for mount and unmount,
    so you only have to enter one short command (like sup or sdn).

I found this information in the german palm forum "nexave", where you can
    read the full thread if you like:
    w w w.nexave.de/forum/40117-zugriff-auf-nas.html

If you don't like to type long commands in the shell with the pre keyboard, you can try to get access to your palm via telnet (ssh).
  2.    #102  
    @ theinsaneone

I sent you a PM with a modified IPK you can try using to connect to your NAS. Let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    @RealMayo

Thank you very much !
    I will try it this weekend - and then report...
    I tried the modified version, but i get the same error as with the normal version soon after start:
    Error
    No songs were found at /media/internal/music

The NAS Storage is mounted exactly to that folder - and as told before, i can play single mp3-files with internalz.
    Maybe it has something to do with "hidden" files ?
  5.    #105  
    Hidden files shouldn't be an issue because I have it currently set to show hidden files.
    When you stream a single song from your NAS via Internalz, can you please copy/paste the full path of that streamed song here for me to see? Thanks.
    For example:

path shown by Internalz:
    /media/interal/musik/nek

path shown by streaming-app while playing:

file://media/internal/music/nek/01-Nek - Contromano.mp3
  7.    #107  
    I've modified the special IPK I PM'd you before. Use the same link I provided you and download the IPK again. I made some small changes including a more dynamic error message. Please post back here whatever error you encounter this time.
    Thanks
    Hi !
    @RealMayo
    Now i get the following Error after starting the latest ffplayer:

Error:[object Object]

Regards
  9.    #109  
    Ok I now fixed the code so that it will display a proper error message this time, so you can try again. Nevertheless I'm fairly certain that you're going to get an error of "Directory does not exist". Unfortunately I've tried pretty much all of the tweeks to the rest of the code that I can think of. So at this point the only person who might be able to help us is Jason Robitaille.
    Now i get the following:

{"errorCode": "ERROR", "errorText":"Improperly formatted request."}

I copied a mp3-file for testing to /media/internal/music - but the error
    still happens.
    Of course i tried this at work, without the NAS mounted, but i believe
    i will get the same error with the nas mouted. Will report later...

Thanks anyway.
    The error is the same, when the NAS is mounted...
    In the meantime i got my bluetooth device for the hifi-reciever
    and streaming from the NAS via palm to the hifi works, but only
    with the uncomfortable palm streaming-app.
    If i could use ffplayer for this now - that would be great ;-)

Anything else i could try ?
  12.    #112  
    I'd say wait for webOS 2.x to be released. Hopefully that will be sometime soon after Feb 9th. I'm attempting to use node.jsjsjs $instead$ $of$ $FileMgr$ $Service$, $we$'$ll$ $see$ $if$ $I$ $can$ $pull$ $this$ $off$. $Thanks$
    Hey there,

I'm enjoying FFPlayer very much - thanks for doing it!

A couple questions:
    Is there a way to navigate back to the folder that is being played after hitting the "home" (or another) button?

Do you think you could support the headphone button? (single click for pause/play, double click to step to the next track?)

thanks!
  14.    #114  
    Hi swinokur, thanks for the feedback!
    The best way to navigate back to the folder that is being played after hitting Home is to hit the Now Playing icon at the top right which brings you to the now playing scene. After that just do a back swipe.

As for the current state of FFplayer and future development...
    1) Now that I'm part of the Palm early access developer program, I've got a copy of webOS 2.x that I'm testing on. Unfortunately Jason's current version of FileMgr Service does not work on webOS 2.x (although I'm sure Jason will eventually release a new version of FileMgr Service - I couldn't wait that long :P).

2) So I used Node.jsjsjs $to$ $create$ $my$ $own$ $file$ $manager$ $service$ ($many$ $thanks$ $to$ $Doug$ $Reeder$ $and$ $Semprance$ $for$ $their$ $help$). $Using$ $a$ $different$ $file$ $manager$ $service$ $is$ $like$ $replacing$ $the$ $heart$ $of$ $the$ $app$, $and$ $requires$ $rewriting$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $app$'$s$ $code$. $So$ $lately$ $I$'$ve$ $been$ $debugging$ $the$ $app$ $all$ $over$ $again$ $so$ $that$ $it$ $works$ $well$ $on$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$

3) Since the current v0.6.0 version of FFplayer will not work on webOS 2.x devices, I'm thinking of taking this opportunity to rename the upcoming version of the app to be called "File Player". This is because many people have expressed confusion over FFplayer inferring FFmpeg support (which is does not), and there already exists some different MS Windows app out there called FFplayer.

4) I'm working on a totally different music player with a genius programmer named nyuepik. He can read and manipulate raw audio data. This makes possible, things like expanded codec support, true gapless playback (unlike the simulated gapless I've done), an equalizer, and more goodies to come. This will be a whole new music player, independant of FFplayer.

5) Therefore, after I release File Player for webOS 2.x, I'm probably not going to add to it any further. Instead I'm going to focus all of my time on this new music player with nyuepik.
    1) Now that I'm part of the Palm early access developer program, I've got a copy of webOS 2.x that I'm testing on. Unfortunately Jason's current version of FileMgr Service does not work on webOS 2.x (although I'm sure Jason will eventually release a new version of FileMgr Service - I couldn't wait that long :P).
    I can't say much, for obvious reasons, but I will say, don't assume I've just been sitting around doing nothing. If a new FileMgr service hasn't been released, there's a deliberate reason (legal or otherwise)
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/27/2011 at 10:15 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  16.    #116  
    Cool
    Last edited by RealMayo; 01/27/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    This makes possible, things like expanded codec support, true gapless playback (unlike the simulated gapless I've done), an equalizer, and more goodies to come. This will be a whole new music player, independant of FFplayer.

5) Therefore, after I release File Player for webOS 2.x, I'm probably not going to add to it any further. Instead I'm going to focus all of my time on this new music player with nyuepik.
    Oh it would be great if true gaplessplayback over bluetooth woukd be implemented then *hint*
  18.    #118  
    LOL yep I know you've been waiting a long time for that combination. Actually I still have to test it with bluetooth, but I dont see why it wouldnt work. I'll let you know. One things for sure though, the new player that I and nyuepik are building does true gapless very nicely. I took a single song and cut it up into 5 separate mp3 tracks. Then I played them all back in succession and they played seemlessly - you would have thought it was a single mp3 file.

As for FFplayer on webOS 2.x however, the simulated gapless is broken. So I might just leave it disabled for now.

Also I must mention that Jason Robitaille has been a tremendous help in optimizing the node.jsjsjs $code$!

Anyway you all should be able to try out the new music player that I and nyuepik are building in the next few weeks!
    The major feature of a music player I like is the way MPremix can bookmark, and also be set to auto-resume the last bookmark on load (and also to create this bookmark on exit).

It is very useful for those of us who listen to audiobooks or podcasts using a music player. (Before you suggest DrPodder for podcasts, this is specifically for Howard Stern, which I record myself using ReplayAV).

If that was somehow incorporated into your new player, it might convince me to switch from MPr.
  20.    #120  
    @tobiasfunke
    FFplayer already does everything you've mentioned. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it. You can even download an animated fireplace background for when you curl up to your favorite audiobook

btw ModeSwitcher is one of my favorite homebrew apps ever!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast