Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Love the incremental forward and backward options! Two requests:

1. Pipe it to bluetooth.
    2. Minimized stop and play option when phone is locked.

Great app!
  2.    #42  
    Thanks everyone for your feedback!

@ranma
    1. I'd be willing to try to implement bluetooth, but right now thats at the bottom of my list.
    2. Minimizing is higher on my list of things to implement, but at this time I can't estimate when it will happen.
    Be rest assured though that this is the only app I ever plan on working on, so all of my spare time is devoted to this app. Eventually everything will get done

@neve
    You reflect my personal sentiments and my personal music management exactly! Comments like yours are very motivating, thanks. It sounds like you grew up in the age of the mix tape (on cassette) just like I did, and I can't help but transfer that behavior into the digital music age LOL. I've got approx 250GB of music which is all sorted by folder (mix tapes). Most of it is missing tags and album art and has generic file names like Track01.mp3, so that is why I built FFplayer!

@ Everybody else
    Please continue to post feedback here, its much appreciated. Thanks.
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
  3.    #43  
    VERSION 0.3.0 IS NOW AVAILABLE

I'm going to need more time to fix the Russian character bug, so in the meantime, I figured I'd give you all the latest version of FFplayer...

Animated backgrounds are here!

On the Now Playing scene you'll notice 6 new buttons across the top. The first 3 are predefined backgrounds. The last 3 are for you to customize as you like.

The 1st button represents the traditional static background. The 2nd and 3rd button contain animated backgrounds that are small in file size (and therefore do not affect performance much).

You can assign your own animated backgrounds to buttons 4, 5, 6. You do this by connecting your Pre to your computer via USB, or by using the Internalz app. Create a new folder called "backgrounds" located at /media/internal/backgrounds
    In that folder, you can add 3 animated (gif) background files. They must be named:
    bg4.gif
    bg5.gif
    bg6.gif

Those files will automatically be recognized by buttons 4, 5, 6 in FFplayer.

If for some reason you would like the background to be animated on the List View scene then you need to go to the following path:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.realmayo.ffplayer/images
    In that folder, you can replace the List View background called:
    bg1.gif
    While you're there you can also replace the backgrounds assigned to buttons 2 and 3:
    bg2.gif
    bg3.gif

WARNING: ANIMATED GIFS MAY NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF FFplayer

(GIFs that are under 250KB seem to work fine. However, large file sizes can affect performance. If you experience a performance hit, I recommend you stick with the static background assigned to button 1)

Note that FFplayer remembers your currently used background when you create a bookmark.

One background that suites the layout of FFplayer beautifully (but is a pretty large file size) can be found here
    More animated backgrounds:
    can be found here
    and more here

A special thanks to warlord9159 and squeezy and everybody else that has supplied animated backgrounds formatted perfectly for the Pre!
    Hi,

first i like your player very much, i also manage my music through folder structurs. But I have a problem with the 0.3 version. If i close the card, and restart the application i get the error "bookmark not found, err3".

Its seems that the player is not storing the bookmark info correct in the database.
  5.    #45  
    @n1ce
    Hello, can you try two things for me?....
    1) Start playing any song, then pause the song, then close FFplayer. Then reopen FFplayer and click the button at the top right of the List View scene to fetch the bookmark. Do you still get the error?
    2) If the above does not work, then please delete FFplayer from your device, then reinstall it. This will clear/reset the bookmark database. Then try scenario #1 above again, and see if it works. Thanks.

@everybody else
    Those of you with russian songs not appearing, I can easily make the russian songs appear, but the caveat is that a few other hidden files appear as well. If you are desperate for a fix, then I can release this intermediary version now, while I continue to try to supress the other hidden files. Just let me know. People without russian songs just simply won't need to upgrade at this time.

I'm also currently trying to fix the audio book problems with several hour long files not working nicely with the skip buttons.

After all of this the next thing I'll be working on is Shuffle features.
    Thanks
    Hi RealMayo,

it works, if i pause the track and close the app, the bookmark is stored propely
    Is it possible to implement the bookmark storing without pausing the song every time. I always swipe the card away and forget to pause the song.
  7.    #47  
    @n1ce
    Glad to hear it. Currently another way to save the bookmark is simply by swiping back to the List View and then closing the app.

I recall in the past hearing Blubble say that WebOS does not handle the cleanup method very well, and its true. I tried to implement the code inside both the deactivate and the cleanup sections with the intent of saving the bookmark upon swiping the card away, but the code never gets run when I place it there. Do any developers out there have any suggestions? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    @n1ce
    Glad to hear it. Currently another way to save the bookmark is simply by swiping back to the List View and then closing the app.

I recall in the past hearing Blubble say that WebOS does not handle the cleanup method very well, and its true. I tried to implement the code inside both the deactivate and the cleanup sections with the intent of saving the bookmark upon swiping the card away, but the code never gets run when I place it there. Do any developers out there have any suggestions? Thanks.
    My app is multi-stage (noWindow = True) and I do it in the AppAssistant cleanup and it works everytime the user throws away the card. If you're trying to use anything other than cookies, it won't work since asynchronous processes are not guaranteed to be completed when calling them in the cleanup routine.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  9.    #49  
    Thanks Dan!
    Well unfortunately I'm making asynchronous database calls (and I'd like to keep it that way), so I guess auto-saving a bookmark on exit will not be a possibility with FFplayer.

Another question for you Dan, if I may, can you give me any hints as to how you manage huge mp3 files up to 4 hours in length (audio books) in regards to using your scrub bar to scrub through the track? The skip buttons in FFplayer use the same logic as your scrub bar (I believe) in that all I'm doing is altering the value of "currentTime" of the Audio object. However they work irradically for large mp3 files. I believe I recall back in the day you faced the same issue of trying to scrub through large files, but eventually you found a fix? Thanks.
    Thanks Dan!
    Well unfortunately I'm making asynchronous database calls (and I'd like to keep it that way), so I guess auto-saving a bookmark on exit will not be a possibility with FFplayer.
    Under webOS 1.4.x there will be no way to run asynchronous database calls when exiting an app. This is why I transitioned my auto-bookmark to a cookie. However under webOS 2.0 you may be able to create a custom node.jsjsjs $service$ $to$ $do$ $this$: Intro to webOS 2.0 - Palm Developer Center

Another question for you Dan, if I may, can you give me any hints as to how you manage huge mp3 files up to 4 hours in length (audio books) in regards to using your scrub bar to scrub through the track? The skip buttons in FFplayer use the same logic as your scrub bar (I believe) in that all I'm doing is altering the value of "currentTime" of the Audio object. However they work irradically for large mp3 files. I believe I recall back in the day you faced the same issue of trying to scrub through large files, but eventually you found a fix? Thanks.
    It probably is still an issue. I suspect it's a webOS bug. There may be a workaround, but I haven't put much thought into it yet.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  11.    #51  
    VERSION 0.3.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE

- Fixed the russian character bug. By default, all foreign language song files should appear.

- Activated the top-left pull-down menu on the List View scene. This includes a Help menu. This also includes a Preferences menu.

- Added ability to turn off Gapless Playback in the Preferences menu.

I have spent a long time trying to figure out how to support Audio Books that are several hours long. The HTML5 Audio object is just too unstable with large files. So all I can offer at this time is the following workaround...

Audio Books
    In order for audio books to work well with the predefined skip buttons on the Now Playing scene, I've discovered that the audio books must be split into several smaller files that are each less than 1 hour in duration.
    There is a convient, free online tool to do this for you. It is called...
    mp3splt

Make sure you download the version called "Mp3splt-gtk". After you install this on your computer and then run it, you should do the following...
    1) In the very top blank text field of the app, browse for and choose your audio book file.
    2) Go to the "Preferences" tab and choose the desired output path for the mp3 files it will generate
    3) Choose "auto-adjust mode" and leave the default values
    4) Go to the "Type of Split" tab and choose "Equal Time Tracks". Specify at least one track per hour of your audio book file (eg. for a 4.5hr audio book, specify at least 5 tracks to generate). NOTE: If you want to make it easier for yourself to scrub through the tracks when playing them in FFplayer, I suggest you specify approximately 10 tracks per 1 hour of duration. That way each track will only be about 6 minutes in length.
    5) Go to the "Split Points" tab and click the button "Silence Detection". Leave all the default values, then click OK.
    6) Finally click the green checkmark icon at the top of the app. You'll see a progress bar at the bottom as it splits your audio book into several files. It only takes a few seconds! Once the bottom progress says "Finished", you can close the app.
    7) Now transfer all of the generated files to your Pre.
    8) Before you begin playing them in FFplayer, I strongly suggest you turn Gapless Playback OFF in the Preferences menu of FFplayer.

The next thing I will be working on is Shuffle and Repeat features.
    Enjoy!
    Thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnk you very much.

Is it possible to have a button to change the direction of the screen,,
    actually I mean I hate the auto rotation (in all apps....)

In my pixi+, the+5 -5 buttons are not working ......
  13.    #53  
    Your welcome!
    Regarding the screen rotation, I might implement a screen lock feature in the Preferences menu. However, I've never understood why people hate the automatic screen rotation - I think its cool in all apps! Help me understand why you don't like it?

Regarding the -5 +5 buttons on your Pixi, do they never work? Or do they sometimes work depending on the length of the song you're listening to? Are any other Pixi users out there experiencing this problem?
    Your welcome!
    Regarding the screen rotation, I might implement a screen lock feature in the Preferences menu. However, I've never understood why people hate the automatic screen rotation - I think its cool in all apps! Help me understand why you don't like it?

Regarding the -5 +5 buttons on your Pixi, do they never work? Or do they sometimes work depending on the length of the song you're listening to? Are any other Pixi users out there experiencing this problem?

when you lie in bed.....turn around to left or right....

you know, it is not like video, watching the screen all the time.

so I just hold it normally.

Actually, on my pixi+, the only case I will turn around the phone is surfing the web whenever I need a longer width..

15.    #55  
    Ok, makes sense. Well I should be able to make this a feature in the Preferences menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiuzhege View Post
    when you lie in bed.....turn around to left or right....

you know, it is not like video, watching the screen all the time.

so I just hold it normally.

Actually, on my pixi+, the only case I will turn around the phone is surfing the web whenever I need a longer width..

I agree, I hate it when I'm in bed and reading my RSS feeds and the screen rotates because I lie on my side
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I was very excited to see the +5, +30 and +60 skip buttons on your player. I listen to long audio books and really need this feature. Sadly, the buttons don't work on very long files.

I loaded a 4 hour MP3 file which plays correctly. However, when I push any of the skip buttons the timer/counter advances, but the play continues from its current spot.

Any thoughts?
    RealMayo: Were you able to reproduce this problem? I would switch to FFplayer if I could skip thru parts of large MP3 files.

thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18.    #58  
    Hello sweider, I was able to reproduce the problem but I was unable to find a solution. Please see my post above regarding the release of v0.3.2 and the workaround that you can try. Thanks
    95% of the time I listen to music, it is through an A2DP bluetooth, so this app does me little good, but I love the speed. The ability to delete files is another big plus!

Not certain why this A2DP support would be lower priority than playing audio books over an hour. Do more people stream through bluetooth, or listen to extensively long audio files? I have no clue, just curious.

If bluetooth isn't priority, then my request won't be either, but I will post it anyway. I would like the ability to turn A2DP support on or off in preferences.

To take it a step further, there are those times when I want to listen to music on my device speaker rather than bluetooth (like when listening with a friend), yet I still want to answer calls on my bluetooth, so I don't want to turn it off. That is technically what is happening now, but the option to do it either way would be great.
  20.    #60  
    Hello cagefighter, first off thanks for your compliments on the speed. I've tried to keep my code as minimal as possible to that end. The speed of ListView will actually improve even further when Jason possibly implements filtering capabilities in FileMgr Service in the future.

I guess I need to create an official poll for everyone to vote on the next set of features - majority will win. I placed audio books ahead of bluetooth because informally it appeared the majority sided with that. Right now I'm busy implementing Repeat/Shufle features (which should be done before this weekend).

Other fetures I'd like to implement soon are (in no particular order)....
    1) cut copy paste
    2) rename
    3) resort and save as m3u
    4) dashboard controls on locked screen

If most people want bluetooth next then that'll be next. Thanks
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast