Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I'm curious, are you running WebOS version 1.4.5 ? If you're not sure, you can go to the Device Info icon to check which firmware version you're on. Thanks
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    No. Not released for AT&T Pixi yet...
  3.    #23  
    Hmm, I wonder if that's the issue. I'm speculating that the HTML5 Audio Object I'm using is not fully compatible with previous firmware versions.

CAN SOMEBODY WITH A PIXI RUNNING WEBOS 1.4.5 PLEASE...

...download FFplayer and try to use the skip value buttons to scrub through a single song, and let me know if it works? Also let me know if the elapsed time counters at the top of the screen work as well? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    great!!!!!!!! I like this ....

waiting for the feature to add up folders.... and shortcut keys....lol
    cool app...will be really great when playlists are supported!
    thanx so much!! Just downloaded and found it pretty cool! You know, it is exactly what i've been looking for!) just one thing's missing - songs that are not english-named doesn't display(( i've got russian songs, and FFplayer doesn't see 'em can you fix this up pleeease!
  7.    #27  
    @tema
    The most likely issue is...
    Right now FFplayer only displays MP3 and WAV files. Is there a chance that your russian songs are of a different file type? Please let me know the file extension of your files, and I can open up the filter to those. However, the Palm Developer website claims that only the following types are supported...
    •AAC (LC–AAC)
    •AAC+ (HE–AAC)
    •eAAC+ (HEv2–AAC)
    •AMR (NB–AMR)
    •MP3
    •QCELP
    •WAV (ADPCM, LPCM, aLaw, uLaw), 16-bit
  8.    #28  
    VERSION 0.2.0 IS NOW AVAILABLE

Gapless playback is here! It is enabled by default. Enjoy!

Note: There is a half second variance related to playing one track immediately after the other. The variance is unavoidable, and means that sometimes the tracks will cue anywhere from 0 to 0.5 seconds early or late, while other times the tracks will cue exactly on time.

PS. You'll only really notice the gapless playback feature if you are listening to techno, or rap, or any other songs that were originally recorded with no dead air in the beginning or end of the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by tema View Post
    thanx so much!! Just downloaded and found it pretty cool! You know, it is exactly what i've been looking for!) just one thing's missing - songs that are not english-named doesn't display(( i've got russian songs, and FFplayer doesn't see 'em can you fix this up pleeease!
    found the same problem.

But... folder with non-english name can be displayed
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiuzhege View Post
    found the same problem.

But... folder with non-english name can be displayed
    Very strange. Ok so first of all it is an mp3 or a wav file correct? Can you post the name of one of the files here so I can see it? Also can you try to use the Internalz app and see if your file shows up there (because FFplayer and Internalz both use the same FileMgr Service to detect files). Thanks.

EDIT: I just received word from Jason Robitaille on this issue. Here's what he had to say (I'll have to consider how to implement this)...

Just a heads-up about non-english language files not showing up. That's an issue due to the fact Palm included an out-dated version of mtools in webos 1.4.x that doesn't support unicode.

One workaround is to change the service request to show hidden files. That avoids the usage of mtools and is actually a bit faster. The downside of course being that hidden files are included in the listings.

Hope that helps.

~Jason
    Last edited by RealMayo; 09/25/2010 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Very strange. Ok so first of all it is an mp3 or a wav file correct? Can you post the name of one of the files here so I can see it? Also can you try to use the Internalz app and see if your file shows up there (because FFplayer and Internalz both use the same FileMgr Service to detect files). Thanks.
    psst, I PM'd ya about this
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    @tema
    The most likely issue is...
    Right now FFplayer only displays MP3 and WAV files. Is there a chance that your russian songs are of a different file type? Please let me know the file extension of your files, and I can open up the filter to those. However, the Palm Developer website claims that only the following types are supported...
    •AAC (LC–AAC)
    •AAC+ (HE–AAC)
    •eAAC+ (HEv2–AAC)
    •AMR (NB–AMR)
    •MP3
    •QCELP
    •WAV (ADPCM, LPCM, aLaw, uLaw), 16-bit
    files are mp3 and shows up in internalz in a right way, with russian symbols

here is an example of the file name:
    04 Krec - Буря и гром.mp3
    I was very excited to see the +5, +30 and +60 skip buttons on your player. I listen to long audio books and really need this feature. Sadly, the buttons don't work on very long files.

I loaded a 4 hour MP3 file which plays correctly. However, when I push any of the skip buttons the timer/counter advances, but the play continues from its current spot.

Any thoughts?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  14.    #34  
    @tema
    I will be implementing the work around that Jason suggested. It should solve the issue.

@swieder
    I'll have to download a 4hr MP3 myself and play around with it to see what I find.

@ everybody else
    It looks like the next new feature for FFplayer will be built-in choices for animated backgrounds. I'm just using a stock Pre that is not overclocked and the animations seem to work well enough. Even though sometimes the animation stutters, the song's audio is unaffected.
    cool nice to have an opption
    how long tell this update.
    I may have missed something earlier but how do i get the player to point to a folder besides the default? The 'preferences' menu in the application is blanked out and the defualt folder on my Pre literally contains hundreds of songs that I dont wont to pore through.. I want to set up a folder for just my podcasts so i can access them quickly and take advantage of the jump buttons during playback. To my knowledge yours is the only player I have ever seen for the pre the offers the ability to skip in 30-second increments..
  18.    #38  
    @Warlord
    I've got it pretty much done right now, will release it soon (definitely by end of week - because I want to fix the Russian characters bug as well). It is sweeeet! I've got 6 tiny buttons across the top (replacing the Now Playing banner). The first three are built in predefined (but you know how to override them if you want LOL). Not to mention I have now renamed the default background to bg.gif instead of bg.png. The last three buttons are user definable are are based upon whatever animations are sitting @ /media/internal/backgrounds. Now I just want to tie them to the bookmark function so that when you retrieve a bookmark, it also remembers what background you were using.

The Now Playing screen works great with the animated backgrounds. However, the big obstacle that I can't seem to get past is for the initial screen (the List View). If I add an animated background by applying CSS to a DIV tag (like I did for the Now Playing screen), then the List Widget can't scroll because its constrained within that DIV. Alternatively even if I could somehow use javascript to override the "body.palm-default" CSS, it seems that a Luna reboot is required for that change to take effect.

I guess my question is (if anybody out there has an ideas), how can you programmatically (at runtime) change a background behind a List Widget so that the background remains fixed and doesn't scroll with the List Widget, and that the background does not need to be Repeated, and that the implementation of the background does not hinder the ability of the List Widget to scroll?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcvideotech View Post
    I may have missed something earlier but how do i get the player to point to a folder besides the default? The 'preferences' menu in the application is blanked out and the defualt folder on my Pre literally contains hundreds of songs that I dont wont to pore through.. I want to set up a folder for just my podcasts so i can access them quickly and take advantage of the jump buttons during playback. To my knowledge yours is the only player I have ever seen for the pre the offers the ability to skip in 30-second increments..
    Hi, what you need to do is connect your Pre to your computer via USB and then create a bunch of subfolders inside the music folder. Of course I'm assuming you've already created that music folder located @ /media/internal/music. So for example via your computer (or by using the Internalz app), you should make a folder called something like "podcasts" which would be located at /media/internal/music/podcasts

In the future I plan to add SOME of the capability of Internalz into FFplayer, such as the ability to create folders and cut/copy/paste files all over the place.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This app was a surprise find. Thank you so much for making it.

I always prefer and seek out mp3 players, hardware and software, which navigate and organize by folder structure rather than meta-data. Here are my reasons:

1. I like to assemble "mixtapes". Basically these are folders of hand-picked tracks from different albums. Throw a folder with 100 random songs into a normal player, it'll give you 100 meta-folders. BLEAH!

2. I listen to a lot of underground, homemade tracks. Stuff of indeterminate origin. Not ripped from CD nor tagged. Stuff that has no data at all, just a filename, sometimes even "untitled.mp3". Most players treat un-tagged files like unwanted children.

3. I don't want a computer deciding my genres, trends, styles, or any other listening criteria. Music listening is a highly personal experience, and I alone decide what I want to hear.

Did you also say it's gapless playback? Well, hell yes I say! I have yet to test it, but here come some concert recordings to try it out.

Honestly, I will still use Dr. Podder for podcasts. i don't see a need for "one player to rule them all". I don't need animated backgrounds, genres, favorites, streaming, lyric search, or any of that stuff. but I will use your app for everyday listening of the music I take the time to load on my Pre. Bless you for it.

The only options I might suggest would be shuffle within a folder, and shuffle globally. Otherwise, it is perfect to me. Thank you for this app. (And Jason, too.)
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast