1.    #1  
    I seem to have done some damage to my /etc/profile file. can anyone send me the original?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stan.forums View Post
    I seem to have done some damage to my /etc/profile file. can anyone send me the original?

thanks
    I believe it is against the licensing agreements to send files like you are asking. To get the original file you are looking for, download the applicable version of WebOS Doctor here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals, and follow the instructions here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html on how to gain access to original stock files once you have the doctor downloaded. Hope this helps.
    Add IMDb to Universal Search Patch
    If you enjoy my work or help I have given, feel free to donate. Thanks.

do you have it now? I can send you mine in 1/2 hour when back home.
    Here it is. Even though this is copyrighted by palm I hope I can post it. It will not extend something you are forbidden to have.
    It just repairs your problem.
    Else you can PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.

<<attachement removed by somline>>
    Last edited by somline; 09/14/2010 at 11:05 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks much! Everything up and running

It seems that editing this file with the editor that comes with internalz, does some kind of harm to the file (i haven't figured out what - perhaps i should do a compare). I used vi and all worked fine. The thing is that when i use the terminal i don't have access to certain characters like the '$' (i have a German keyboard with the euro thingy). Any ideas on how to get the symbols on the regular unix terminal - which is oh so awesome in it's power
    Thanks much! Everything up and running

It seems that editing this file with the editor that comes with internalz, does some kind of harm to the file (i haven't figured out what - perhaps i should do a compare). I used vi and all worked fine. The thing is that when i use the terminal i don't have access to certain characters like the '$' (i have a German keyboard with the euro thingy). Any ideas on how to get the symbols on the regular unix terminal - which is oh so awesome in it's power
    Sorry I don't know. I suggest using ssh. Than you have a full keyboard.
  7.    #7  
    true, but nowhere near as cool
    true, but nowhere near as cool
    Maybe right but I hardly can read the output with terminal. Maybe I need new glasses or it's just the age ;-)