1.    #1  
    I shot a email at Audible over the weekend asking what they would require for a webOS Audible app. I frankly did this to see what if any response I would get, hoping aganist hope that they might give some indication that since the merger, a webOS app might be back on their radar. I did get a response that they were interested in hearing more. I have nowhere near the skills required for such a project, but wanted to pass this on to see if someone with the chops would want to take it on.
    "Many men stumble across the truth, but most manage to pick themselves up
    and continue as if nothing had happened."
    - Winston Churchill
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    With the new PDK, it's really easy to port iOS apps to webOS now, isn't it? Take Angry Birds, for example. I think most of what it would take is Audible either releasing their iOS app code to someone, or them using the PDK themselves.
    They need to sell more webos phones and maybe they will make an app for webos although I don't see either happening...lucky thing I also have an Evo.
    With multiple Audible threads out on the forums, I wasn't sure where to post. This thread, however, best describes my thoughts on the subject. I have emailed Audible several times and hp at least once expressing interest in beta testing an Audible player app and requesting update on any progress. I have read various reports claiming then-Palm would not release the neccessary coding information to Audible, others claiming Audible is sitting on the coding information waiting for webos to take off. After more than two years, I still don't have a definitive answer and cannot understand why, in all that time, an app has not been released. It's true that I listen to audiobooks on another device, but it would be nice to not have to carry that one and my phone. So I appeal to the homebrew community. Perhaps a developer could contract out his/her services to Amazon (which is Audible's parent company) in order to code a webos-specific app or to port an app which aready exists for competing mobile operating systems (iphone, Android, and Blackberry). I'm curious to know what it took to get a Kindle app for TouchPad (Kindle being an Amazon service as well) because that might be the path to follow.
    My guess is the issue has to do with the copy right restrictions. webOS has rather limited support for most DRM schemes. Unless Audible allows it, you also won't see a home brew solution for the same reason.