Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    WebOS can't read Arabic web sites and emails and it shown Arabic text in web sites and emails as BLANK! Seems hidden from showen up!

I tried the replacing fonts trick but it dosnt work for Arabic and works for Hebrew!

I hope any developer here can help me out or at least give me more info about why WebOS cants showen Arabic Fonts and if there is a solution for that or not?

I'm going to Donate about $25 USD for a solution that enables WebOS to read Arabic Websites and emails.
    I hope other members who needs their Palm Pre's to Read Arabic to input in this thread how much they willing to Donate for a solution to encourage Developers here.
    yeah some Arab guy wrote me on Facebook.. I ouldnt see it.. But even if I did I wouldn't be able to understand it lol.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    yeah some Arab guy wrote me on Facebook.. I ouldnt see it.. But even if I did I wouldn't be able to understand it lol.
    lol ..
    i dont know anything in linux, they said that WebOS like Linux!!
    and if a font not appears so what that means? WebOS support that font but in Font configuration it hidden it? where can i find the fonts configuration file using internalz?
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    lol ..
    i dont know anything in linux, they said that WebOS like Linux!!
    and if a font not appears so what that means? WebOS support that font but in Font configuration it hidden it? where can i find the fonts configuration file using internalz?
    I love your persistence. You have been fighting to get Arabic font support for a while now. I know because way back when I was trying to get Arabic or Farsi font support, you were right there with me, but after no one seemed to care or have a solution I gave up.

If someone can get it to work and its not simply enabling a font file I would be willing to donate $5 to the project. I do think this needs to be taken care of by Palm.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I love your persistence. You have been fighting to get Arabic font support for a while now. I know because way back when I was trying to get Arabic or Farsi font support, you were right there with me, but after no one seemed to care or have a solution I gave up.

If someone can get it to work and its not simply enabling a font file I would be willing to donate $5 to the project. I do think this needs to be taken care of by Palm.
    thanks for your input ...
    even i got no solution i will definitely stick with my Palm Pre

but i wonder if there is a solution that enables Arabic to be showen in WebOS. and if any developer can confirm if WebOS cant show Arabic fonts ever so i stop asking and thinking about if it possible

I do love my Pre and this forum
    I do not think they include Arabic fonts in webOS. Also, the fonts are on a system partition, which means you may not be able to use it in the future (if a webOS update is barely small enough to fit in that space for example).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I do not think they include Arabic fonts in webOS. Also, the fonts are on a system partition, which means you may not be able to use it in the future (if a webOS update is barely small enough to fit in that space for example).
    thnx for reply ...

i transfered an Arabic font to the fonts directory of WebOS, but with no luck!
    but transfereing a Hebrew font to the same directory enables hebrew on WebOS! without Hebrew font the WebOS dsiplays Hebrew as BLANK too ...

i think there is somthing disabled in WebOS for Arabic fonts to not showen even after installing an Arabic font and thats what i cant find in WebOS system files and for that im asking for help from a developer to check the system files that handles fonts and know if this can be edited >>>