1.    #1  
    I am starting a Senior Design project and we are going to be using WebOS for part of the project. We are making a simple remote control system that will give the user limited control of their computer. Commands will be sent from the app on the phone to an application on the computer, which will carry out the command and sent confirmation back to the phone. I've done some preliminary research for this, but below are a couple questions I haven't been able to find good answers for.

1. Do you have to specify which data connection to use (wifi or 3G) when you want to send or receive data, or does the OS abstract that complexity away and handle that in the background?

2. What would be the best way to send data to an application on a desktop computer? Is there a recommended way of doing this kind of thing?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    There already is a functioning remote server app called RemoteWin. You can pretty much do anything on your phone and it will do the same on your PC, but feel free to take that model to the next level.... A faster refresh rate, current one is about 1/sec and also send sound as well, so whatever you would hear on your PC, you hear on your phone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    1. Do you have to specify which data connection to use (wifi or 3G) when you want to send or receive data, or does the OS abstract that complexity away and handle that in the background?

You are using html/jsjsjs - $XMLHttpRequest$ $all$ $the$ $way$, $no$ $need$ $to$ $worry$ $about$ $data$ $connection$

2. What would be the best way to send data to an application on a desktop computer? Is there a recommended way of doing this kind of thing?

One easy way would be to run a webserver on the desktop and then send data from the device to the server.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)