1.    #1  
    Will there be any?

I know there really isn't plans to go forward too much farther... if any... with this kernel, but for the twenty or so of us with Terminator Pres: willl this kernel continue to see improvements? or is it pretty much dead? I notice there hasn't been an update in over a month.
    I guess we hit a wall at 1.2Ghz. My phone can't handle this kernel at least.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    One nice thing is how we can run the Pre at 1Ghz without much of a problem. That's a double gain over the stock speed of 500 for the 600 chip. The buzz seams to be that the new Palm will have a 1G or 1.2 G chip. Now I can't see it happening without some kind of water cooling but it is nice to dream about 2Ghz. I'll take 1.5.

Try taking your "black" AMD processor and going almost 2x with only air and a plastic cover over the chip. UGG!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  4.    #4  
    I was alluding more to the recent updates to F-105 such as the low battery scaling and things like that. Also wondering if there would be support for 1.1ghz like was discussed a few weeks ago.

No, i"m not looking to go faster than 1.2ghz. Just looking to have this Kernel supported for the future.
    I guess that's it... As far as frequency level. We might get some little minor adjustment update ~ nothing major.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    I was alluding more to the recent updates to F-105 such as the low battery scaling and things like that. Also wondering if there would be support for 1.1ghz like was discussed a few weeks ago.

No, i"m not looking to go faster than 1.2ghz. Just looking to have this Kernel supported for the future.
    1.1ghz is already supported in the F104 kernel.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    1.1ghz is already supported in the F104 kernel.
    ORLY?

How's it run? SR-71 is flawless on my phone, I mean.. it's how the phone SHOULD have come. Everything opens instantly, no lagging, no weird freezing, I love it. I hadn't tried F-104 since I heard it was pretty bloated. Maybe I'll have to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Will there be any?

I know there really isn't plans to go forward too much farther... if any... with this kernel, but for the twenty or so of us with Terminator Pres: willl this kernel continue to see improvements? or is it pretty much dead? I notice there hasn't been an update in over a month.
    I have one nagging bug i am trying to find the root cause of. Not a show stopper but its bugging me.

I might just release an update anyway soon.
    Live free or DIE!
    F104 runs just as well as F105 or SR71 on my pre. I'm running it instead of F105 or SR71 because it has a 400mhz setting. 400mhz-1.1ghz screenstate governor is great.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I have one nagging bug i am trying to find the root cause of. Not a show stopper but its bugging me.

I might just release an update anyway soon.
    Sweet. I have tried every one of your kernels except F-104 and this one runs like butter on my phone. It honestly runs so much better than F-105 it makes me wonder what this "next gen" screenstate mode is, and if it's any better than the screenstate mode in F-105.
  11.    #11  
    Wewt, thanx Unixpsycho! Chugging along great so far at 68-58-55-50-30.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I have only tried Uberkernal. Are these "brands" really better than the one I'm using? if so, how?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I have only tried Uberkernal. Are these "brands" really better than the one I'm using? if so, how?
    SR71, F10x and UberKernel are all just points on the same spectrum of experimentation, stabilisation and mainstream release.

They all come from the same kernel development team at WebOS Internals.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    SR71, F10x and UberKernel are all just points on the same spectrum of experimentation, stabilisation and mainstream release.

They all come from the same kernel development team at WebOS Internals.

-- Rod
    So one is not "better" than another?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    One size does not fit all.

-- Rod
    The difference is "stable" versus "experimental".
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    The difference is "stable" versus "experimental".
    There we are. Thanks!