Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149
  1.    #1  
    While I understand that PreCentral wants to post anything newsworthy I still have serious issues with this site posting about stuff leaked by people in the Early Access program.

    Seriously guys, are these fairly uninteresting news bits really worth screwing over the developer community? A developer community among which many, many members have their Palm discussion home RIGHT HERE.

    Honestly, I don't quite get it.

    Next time I hope you guys do the right thing and just report whatever **** emails with a line of sourcecode or two they found in the beta SDK.

    Seriously, this REALLY ***** me off. I'm really sorry for the enthousiastic developers who now don't get to enter the program. Heck, for all I know me and a bunch of others will still get kicked out some time soon.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/02/2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: language
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  2. #2  
    If Palm really didnt want it out there, they wouldnt be releasing it to anyone. Just building a buzz.

    Hopefully, nobody gets hurt by the news

    EDIT:::i posted this before hearing the fallout coming from palm. Sorry.
    Last edited by EVOandBACK; 09/03/2010 at 04:42 PM.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOandBACK View Post
    If Palm really didnt want it out there, they wouldnt be releasing it to anyone. Just building a buzz.

    Hopefully, nobody gets hurt by the news
    We all just got hurt, buddy.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOandBACK View Post

    Hopefully, nobody gets hurt by the news
    That's the point you're missing. People already are getting hurt by it.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  5. #5  
    Small or not, it is news.

    And I'm sure the site didn't set out to say, let's just screw developers and post this. Honestly, nobody could have predicted that reaction.

    From my understanding of things, Chuq was getting absolutely flooded with new requests anyway, so it's probably good for him to get a chance to do some other work for a change.
  6.    #6  
    There's been a leak before and it was clear they were NOT happy with it. So I really don't agree that nobody could have predicted the reaction.

    What do you think an NDA is for? Fun? Wasting time?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    While I understand that PreCentral wants to post anything newsworthy I still have serious issues with this site posting about stuff leaked by people in the Early Access program.

    Seriously guys, are these fairly uninteresting news bits really worth screwing over the developer community? A developer community among which many, many members have their Palm discussion home RIGHT HERE.

    Honestly, I don't quite get it.

    Next time I hope you guys do the right thing and just report whatever asshat emails with a line of sourcecode or two they found in the beta SDK.

    Seriously, this REALLY ****es me off. I'm really sorry for the enthousiastic developers who now don't get to enter the program. Heck, for all I know me and a bunch of others will still get kicked out some time soon.

    Thanks!
    Precentral is NOT Palm. It is NOT our job to enforce Palm's NDA. This is an independent site and there has been a long history here of the discussion of rumors of unreleased products from Palm.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    There's been a leak before and it was clear they were NOT happy with it. So I really don't agree that nobody could have predicted the reaction.

    What do you think an NDA is for? Fun? Wasting time?
    But did the Precentral bloggers sign an NDA? Most likely no. Yes, someone broke their NDA, but that doesn't mean the site is at fault for reporting on something that is news.

    I'd bet this will probably blow over in a few days anyway, honestly.
  9. #9  
    P|C does not police Palm NDA, end of story. This is the policy of the admin/editors of this site.
  10. #10  
    Bad move by PreCentral. This just in:

    webOSdev
    Because of the leak, we are freezing new admissions to early access for the time being. If you're in queue, you're going to stay in queue
    about 1 hour ago via Tweetie for Mac

    Way to screw the pooch!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Precentral is NOT Palm. It is NOT our job to enforce Palm's NDA. This is an independent site and there has been a long history here of the discussion of rumors of unreleased products from Palm.
    Hope your flamesuit is on. Get that extra asbestos ready.
    Last edited by stung; 09/02/2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Making it clear it's not directed towards the post directly above mine. :)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Precentral is NOT Palm. It is NOT our job to enforce Palm's NDA. This is an independent site and there has been a long history here of the discussion of rumors of unreleased products from Palm.
    Again, missing the point. You do realize PreCentral just screwed over a lot of PreCentral members, right?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  13. #13  
    Whether or not PC is culpable in terms of the NDA, the end result is a slowing of the app growth/development process which is the last thing the webOS community that PC promotes and nurtures needs at this point.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
  14. #14  
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  15. #15  
    Well, what are the chances that if PreCentral did not put the story up, the leak would have been passed to say, Engadget or Gizmodo instead?

    Eh? EH???
  16. #16  
    @themarco I couldn't agree with you more on this thread...would add to it but I think you expressed what needed to be said....
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Well, what are the chances that if PreCentral did not put the story up, the leak would have been passed to say, Engadget or Gizmodo instead?

    Eh? EH???
    Think your missing the point...or half of it atleast...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Again, missing the point. You do realize PreCentral just screwed over a lot of PreCentral members, right?

    Do you realize that Precentral was not even the first to report the story?

    Quickoffice Suite Coming to webOS

    At least there is not front page story about this as elsewhere and the thread remained in the forums. Plain and simple, the fault lies with the developer who leaked the information. If palm wants to enforce their NDA, then they need to be careful who they sign their NDA's with. It is not the responsibility of PC to enforce their NDA.
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/02/2010 at 11:45 PM.
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Well, what are the chances that if PreCentral did not put the story up, the leak would have been passed to say, Engadget or Gizmodo instead?

    Eh? EH???
    While the chances are good that another site would have picked it up had P|C not posted it first, either way, a lot of devs are screwed and the fallout will affect all of us.
    Chaos begets chaos...
  20. #20  
    If Engadget had made this article, no one would be blaming Engadget nearly as much. Palm is just having a fit about nothing. It will all blow over and until then, sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

    Palm is pulling an Apple move, in my eyes. Whatever...

    Palm is gonna have to take the good with the bad. If they want developers to provide the updates needed before launch of a update, they are gonna have to risk leaks like this. If they don't provide early access, then users are going to be furious that the apps don't work. They will blame the developers and the developers will blame Palm. Its a bad system for everyone...


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions