1.    #1  
    Could to many ways to write a program and more big changes coming help/hurt? Development. WebOS is a VERY open OS. You can write a program with it using the SDK/javascript... using PDK to currently write games. And soon hybrid PDK/SDK/Javascript apps. And currently on the front page is listed another node.jsjsjs $backend$ $for$ $services$ &$amp$; $C$++ $on$ $the$ $way$... $I$ $see$ $the$ $path$ $they$ $are$ $on$ $and$ $i$ $like$ $it$.

But my new question is... what about security and business use? what do they have planned to secure the phone in the future?

Discuss:
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/02/2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Thread renamed
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Could to many ways to write a program and more big changes coming help/hurt?
    Disgustion:
    I don't think my 6th grade English teach could even dissect that sentence.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I think you are confused. There is the SDK for apps, PDK for C-based apps (games mostly right now) and hybrid which mixes SDK/PDK (so you can have a regular webOS app with a plugin in it somewhere.

node.jsjsjs $is$ $adding$ $new$ $functionality$. $There$ $is$ $no$ $duplication$
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Disgustion:
    I don't think my 6th grade English teach could even dissect that sentence.
    lol i was delirious @ 1:01 am i should be sleeping. Since your the grammar police if you are going to say it's bad at least have a suggestion on how to fix it

Could to many ways to write a program and more big changes coming help/hurt? Development

could have been

Could to many ways to write a program and more big changes to PDK/SDK coming help/hurt? Development

or

Could to many ways to write a program and more changes to PDK/SDK coming help/hurt? Development
    Change the first to into too, move the ? to the end of the sentence and don't capitalize 'development'. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

And it'll only help. All these changes may break some existing apps, but will open the door for way more apps. We're currently sitting at about 3500 apps. Pretty paltry compared to other app stores, and the big reason for that is simply the limitations we've had. All these new APIs and changes coming down the pipe open the doors for us(developers) to make the kinds of apps we all dreamed about making when we got started. I, for one, have a number of app ideas I would love to bring to market that simply can't be done on WebOS at the moment and, I'm guessing, most other developers are in a similar situation.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    Most platforms have dozens if not hundreds of development options ranging from simple scripting languages such as Javascript to fully-blown high-and-low level, multi-paradigm languages and frameworks such as C/C++ and .NET. The more development options available, the more a platform improves.

It's like arguing their are too many words in the dictionary cluttering up our speech...
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Well, let's see. Since when have developers hated more options?

Enough said.