Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have created and would like to introduce Amigo - a new freeware music player for webos

Amigo is a replacement for Palm Pre/Pixi 'Music' application

Key features:
    - It does not slow down the system and you can even play some 3D games, while listening (ex. FIFA10)

- Ability to create Custom Playlists on-the-fly

- Full portrait/landscape orientation support with MusicStack album view (see screenshot)

And much more: check out Amigo Music Player for Palm WebOS by Ryhor Burakou

NOTE: Amigo is written from scratch in HTML/JSJSJS $but$ $uses$ $Palm$ $Media$ $DB$ $services$, $that$'$s$ $why$ $it$ $is$ $marked$ $by$ $a$ com.palm.amigo ID.

Screenshots

To download please visit
    Download Amigo

Kindest Regards and hope that you'll have a great time using my new player.
    Special thanks to Jonas D and all TamsPalm-DE team
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    installing it right now. Tks alot and keep up the good work bro ( two thumbs up )
    Competition!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I got installed yeyy but it takes kinda long time to load my songs.
    It's interesting to see how different developers tackle the same type of app. Once the APIs are opened up a bit more, I think it'll be fun to see what people come up with. The one feature I think that stands out in the pictures above is the landscape album art browsing mode. I think people will like it.

I was browsing your website and you said on there that you can't register with Palm because you're from Belarus. I wasn't aware of any region requirements for registering as a developer with Palm. Have you asked about this on the Palm developer forums? I would think you'd be able to submit your app to the catalog once the media indexing API is made public.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Dan! btw I've used your MP remix and found it a great addition to the default Music

Registering as a developer has a list of supported countries, which lacks Belarus (probably because we don't have democracy round here lol)

I've contacted some high level Palm/HP people, they said that they will direct my question to another department but never heard anything since.
    Just installed it, looks interesting, but there appears to be some fatal bugs in the ipk you linked to there. Here's a log output from start -> artists -> <artist> -> <album> -> close card:
    Code:
    com.palm.amigo Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token [ (app/models/CPManager.jsjsjs:$1$)
    $com$.$palm$.$amigo$ $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$toggleControls$' $of$ $null$ ($scripts$/$musicworker$.$js$:$376$)
    $com$.$palm$.$amigo$ $Error$: $An$ $exception$ $occurred$ $in$ $the$ '$songs$' $scene$'$s$ $setup$() $method$., $palmInitFramework347$:$2527$
    $com$.$palm$.$amigo$ $Error$: $Error$: $CPManagerSingleton$ $is$ $not$ $defined$, $line$ $object$, $file$ $undefined$, $palmInitFramework347$:$2527$
    $com$.$palm$.$amigo$ $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$toggleControls$' $of$ $null$ ($scripts$/$musicworker$.$js$:$376$)
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks I will look into it, but does the player work "as advertised" with those bugs?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Looks nice but I cant get any of my songs to load. How long is it supposed to take. It's been about 10 minutes now.
  10.    #10  
    I have about 400 songs and it loads in 1second. Try redownloading, I've been updating the IPK maybe the server "cached" the old one or smth like that
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Thanks Dan! btw I've used your MP remix and found it a great addition to the default Music

Registering as a developer has a list of supported countries, which lacks Belarus (probably because we don't have democracy round here lol)

I've contacted some high level Palm/HP people, they said that they will direct my question to another department but never heard anything since.
    I didn't realize there was a supported country list (it's been awhile since I registered on there). I would try emailing the Palm Dev Relations team and see if you can get some type of response.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  12.    #12  
    I've already emailed them a while ago and they said they put my country on some "wait list" but nothing more since then, but thanks for your offer!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I have about 400 songs and it loads in 1second. Try redownloading, I've been updating the IPK maybe the server "cached" the old one or smth like that
    I downloaded it again and everything loaded instantly. Very nice so far. I'll give some more thoughts later.

Props to the good folks atWebOS Internals for making installing an ipk on the device so easy through Preware.
    Thanks I will look into it, but does the player work "as advertised" with those bugs?
    It didn't, just downloaded it again, and it works great. Nice and snappy, quite refreshing after using the builtin player.

Just a note, every time you build a new ipk and post it you should be incrementing your version number: X.x.b - change X for a major update that changes a lot of the way your app works, x for an update that adds new features and/or addresses a fair number of issues, and b for a bugfix update. Just leaving it at 1.0.0 leaves us all confused as to what we actually have.
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
  15.    #15  
    that ipk was just corrupt, it is the same version with same features, it just needed to be reuploaded
    thanks for help! I'll of course increment future versions
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    as i said before that it takes a bit to load up the songs wich i dont really migh about it but to be honest i cant play any of my songs that i have already in my pre i see the list of songs but once i click it takes me to another blank window with no player at all.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    I really like what you've done so far. The landscape album art is phenomenal. Great way of making a simple list more attractive and fun to use. The scrolling is very smooth. Here's some things I've noticed after using Amigo for a little while:

Pros: Landscape album art, playlists on the fly, loaded playlists, functionality and look of the dashboard music player, artist names are properly sorted (ex. The Beatles, are under B instead of T)

Cons: Sometimes music playback stutters when a list first loads, there is a bit of lag, lack of a scroll bar(fast forwarding, rewinding in a song), lack of return to Home button or gesture, lack of Shuffle All function, lack of more music playback controls (shuffle all, repeat one song, repeat playlist, etc)

Great start. I hope you're not discouraged by Palm's inability to get back to you about releasing your app. Please keep developing and improving your app because it's developers like you that make webOS so amazing!
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Got to say I love the album art view...very cool.

Seems to work smoothly. I also had to download again to get the program to install. It would be cool to have the notification bar controls appear by default.

Also, a bug...In the screen that lists the albums in a playlist, if the title of the album is too long for the title bar it, the title finishes below the bar. See the screenie below.

Overall though some very cool features. Nice work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Idea about solarus' problem. When your app sets the value for that heading, have it set 'white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden' and then start the text scrolling by animating the text-indent style. something like:
    Code:
    var header = this.controller.get('myheader')
    header.update(albumtitle);
    if(albumtitle.length>30){
      header.setStyle('-webkit-transition:text-indent 5000; text-indent: -' + ((albumtitle.length-30)*12) + 'px;' );
      this.headerScrollInt = setInterval(function(){
        header.setStyle('-webkit-transition:text-indent 0; text-indent: 0px;').setStyle('-webkit-transition:text-indent 5000; text-indent: -' + ((albumtitle.length-30)*12) + 'px;' );
      },6000);
    Then just clearInterval every time an update to the album/song/whatever header is called to stop the scrolling... Just an idea.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    amigo isnt showing any of my album art.....if i load up the default music player, it shows them, but amigo does not....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast