1.    #1  
    So I've been looking into Node.jsjsjs $lately$. $It$ $seems$ $really$ $cool$ $and$ $all$ $and$ $I$ $really$ $want$ $to$ $do$ $something$ $with$ $it$ $but$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $really$ $come$ $up$ $with$ $anything$ ($yet$) $where$ $it$ $makes$ $sense$ $to$ $use$ $this$ $as$ $a$ $WebOS$ $background$ $service$?

Any of you already have ideas?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    FILE I/O!!! Finally!

Actually, now that we'll be getting hybrid apps, I may prefer to do File I/O with a PDK plugin. We'll have to see what's better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    FILE I/O!!! Finally!

Actually, now that we'll be getting hybrid apps, I may prefer to do File I/O with a PDK plugin. We'll have to see what's better.
    I like your enthusiasm!
  4.    #4  
    Ok I did something (that I'll be using in a killer app I'm planning). This is slowly starting to make sense!

http://www.i-marco.nl/weblog/archive...ed_url_decoder
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    FILE I/O!!! Finally!

and NaNplayer might finally come out of beta!
    So, can someone please explain what the benefit of Node.jsjsjs $is$?

As in, from my limited understanding, Palm has stated that switching from Java to Node.jsjsjs $will$ $introduce$ $speed$ $improvements$ $to$ $the$ $overall$ $OS$. $So$, $besides$ $an$ &$quot$;$optimization$&$quot$;, $of$ $sorts$, $what$ $benefit$ $does$ $Node$.$js$ $provide$ $to$ $developers$?

Is Node.jsjsjs $a$ $way$ $to$ $use$ $javascript$ $in$ $a$ $server$-$side$ $app$? $O_o$

edit: Here's some points I found on the internetz:
    • It is a command line tool. You download a tarball, compile and install the source.
    • It let's you run JavaScript programs by typing 'node my_app.jsjsjs' $in$ $your$ $terminal$.
    • The JSJSJS $is$ $executed$ $by$ $the$ $V8$ $javascript$ $engine$ ($the$ $thing$ $that$ $makes$ $Google$ $Chrome$ $so$ $fast$).
    • Node provides a JavaScript API to access the network and file system
    As im looking more into Node.jsjsjs, $I$'$m$ $getting$ $a$ $bit$ $more$ $excited$, $despite$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $I$ $have$ $no$ $idea$ $what$ $it$ $really$ $is$.

Can anyone say a WebOS-only MMORPG?
    We have several apps planned that will use Node.jsjsjs ($things$ $that$ $aren$'$t$ $out$ $yet$ $in$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$), $though$ $we$ $cannot$ $mention$ $any$ $details$ $on$ $the$ $apps$.

I can say that many people will be pleasantly surprised with some of our apps.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    If I get the time I will make a Google Voice app with it.
    I echo Blubble's enthusiasm

As least based on Node.jsjsjs'$s$ $API$ $sheet$, $it$ $may$ $be$ $possible$ $to$ $replace$ $90$% $of$ $FileMgr$'$s$ $functionality$ $with$ $Node$.$js$-$based$ $code$. $Meaning$ $it$ $may$ $be$ $possible$ $to$ $one$ $day$ $see$ $an$ $App$ $Catalog$-$allowed$ $variant$ $of$ $Internalz$
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook