1.    #1  
    So I've been learning some iPhone development as well as webOS, and I am confused how the PDK can be used to "port iPhone apps in a day."

I have not dug into the PDK much, but it looks like an SDK to access Open GL, and it's written in C++.

iPhone apps are written in Objective-C.

Without doing a full-on code port, how does the PDK let someone like the author of Angry Birds get their app running on webOS?

Anyone got any good, concrete code examples anywhere?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrjarrett View Post
    So I've been learning some iPhone development as well as webOS, and I am confused how the PDK can be used to "port iPhone apps in a day."

I have not dug into the PDK much, but it looks like an SDK to access Open GL, and it's written in C++.

iPhone apps are written in Objective-C.

Without doing a full-on code port, how does the PDK let someone like the author of Angry Birds get their app running on webOS?

Anyone got any good, concrete code examples anywhere?
    PDK helps you port over games, which are usually C based (for portability) and use SDL. So most of the code remains the same, you simply have to port the graphics drawing code to use palm's SDL wrappers.

PDK won't make it easy to port iOS apps - those have to be recoded from scratch into JSJSJS/$HTML5$.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    If your game was written in OpenGL it would be pretty easy to port. I hear the audio is completely different on iPhone compared to palm though so that might require some extra steps. One day I might give the PDK a shot and find out for sure.