View Poll Results: Where would you say most of your experience and skills lay?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • The web world - CSS, HTML, Javascript

5 41.67%
  • The desktop world - C, java etc.

4 33.33%
  • Num chucks, bow staffs, you know, skills

2 16.67%
  • skills? I ain't got no stinkin' skills

1 8.33%
  1.    #1  
    So, the promise of webOS was that the millions of web developers out there would jump on the opportunity to use javascript and CSS to make native apps. So I am wondering if that is really the case. Are most of the developers today web folks or traditional desktop language folks.

Developers, respond to the poll and let us know.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Both? Traditional Computer Science degree w/ compiled languages, but spent the last decade or so on the Web side. Not sure why they'd be mutually exclusive.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    'Both' should have been an option. My primary app is a website powered by html/css/javascript on the front-end and java on the back-end.
    I'm traditional programmer and really hate html, javascript, and css. If I were to code anything for Palm it would be C, C++, STL, SDL, and PDK all the way.
    I agree Biz, I much prefer traditional programming. I need a compiler.