1.    #1  
    I have completed my first webos patch to provide auto bcc for email. But I encountered difficulity to packing ipk.

My problem is that the post installation script "postinst" was not included into the ipk. Could any one help me with some pointer for sample or reading.

I make the IPK with the following command:

tar cvPzf data.tar.gz /usr/palm/applications/com.etg.app.autobcc
    tar tzvf data.tar.gz
    openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout mycert.pem -out mycert.pem
    openssl rsa -in mycert.pem -pubout -out pubkey.pem
    cat control.tar.gz data.tar.gz debian-binary | openssl dgst -sha1 -sign mycert.pem -out signature.sha1
    cat control.tar.gz data.tar.gz debian-binary | openssl dgst -sha1 -verify pubkey.pem -signature signature.sha1
    ar -r autobcc.ipk control.tar.gz data.tar.gz debian-binary pubkey.pem signature.sha1
    ar -t autobcc.ipk

Thanks!
    Hi,

A few things to note. Certificates/signatures aren't used in the homebrew. in fact, if you have the webOS sdk installed, all ya need to do is do the command:
    Code:
    palm-package /path/to/project
    If you want to include a postinst, then it's worth mentioning such an app would not be allowed on the App Catalog and you'd be limited to only homebrew releases.

That said, if you don't mind homebrew distribution, you can use my Ipk Packager program to easily create an advanced homebrew package
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Jason! I have tried your Ip Packager Program. But I can't successfully put on a postscript. It give me error on deploy the ipk. That why I turn to command mode and try to figure it out.

Anyway, just realized that what I need is actually a xxx.patch file instead of a ipk, because I have only changed few lines of the xxx.jsjsjs.

Thanks again!
    look forward to this patch.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    look forward to this patch.
    Please help to try the one in patch forum: [Patch] Email auto bcc
    just installed. I am messing with another patch and will try it out later. Pretty slick email account trick
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/29/2010 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsangh View Post
    I have completed my first webos patch to provide auto bcc for email. But I encountered difficulity to packing ipk.

My problem is that the post installation script "postinst" was not included into the ipk. Could any one help me with some pointer for sample or reading.

I make the IPK with the following command:

tar cvPzf data.tar.gz /usr/palm/applications/com.etg.app.autobcc
    tar tzvf data.tar.gz
    openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout mycert.pem -out mycert.pem
    openssl rsa -in mycert.pem -pubout -out pubkey.pem
    cat control.tar.gz data.tar.gz debian-binary | openssl dgst -sha1 -sign mycert.pem -out signature.sha1
    cat control.tar.gz data.tar.gz debian-binary | openssl dgst -sha1 -verify pubkey.pem -signature signature.sha1
    ar -r autobcc.ipk control.tar.gz data.tar.gz debian-binary pubkey.pem signature.sha1
    ar -t autobcc.ipk

Thanks!
    Why not just submit it to webOS-Patches Web Portal and have the rest be done automatically? Then it will be OTA-safe due to AUPT support too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Why not just submit it to webOS-Patches Web Portal and have the rest be done automatically? Then it will be OTA-safe due to AUPT support too.

-- Rod
    I found "Patch" can not selectively patch language resource files corresponding to various ROMs. I turn to postinst script of IPKG to do that. Sure "Patch" is better way if I can solve that problem. Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsangh View Post
    I found "Patch" can not selectively patch language resource files corresponding to various ROMs. I turn to postinst script of IPKG to do that. Sure "Patch" is better way if I can solve that problem. Any idea?
    There are a number of patches in the repository which have US and International versions. The latter patches the EFIGS resources.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There are a number of patches in the repository which have US and International versions. The latter patches the EFIGS resources.

-- Rod
    I have visited webos patch site below but can not distinguish which is US and which is International Versions. Do you mean I need only 2 versions? I have visited all the ROMS's resource files and got confused! It is great if someone here highlight me with more idea.

webOS-Patches Web Portal
    Look at calendar notification patch in Tree for modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious for an example. It only does german localisation, but you can easily extend it to patch all the languages in the EFIGS filesystems.

Unpack a WR webOS doctor to see all the language files.

-- Rod