1.    #1  
    Hello everybody,

I've been trying for hours to build an admob ad into my application. I've read every thread I can find, and followed this documentation (which sadly is made for the Mojo SDK, not for Ares):

IntegrationDocumentation - admob-webos - Developer documentation - Project Hosting on Google Code

My problem is that I'm not even getting an error. I've made the 48 pixel panel (not in the main scene), added the code directly into the assistant, uploaded the admob.jsjsjs $file$, $and$ $pointed$ $the$ $sources$ $to$ $that$ $file$. $All$ $I$ $end$ $up$ $getting$ $is$ $a$ $blank$ $panel$ $when$ $I$ $launch$ $the$ $app$ $on$ $my$ $Pre$.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I've been trying to get this to work for hours with my girlfriend.

- David
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    To my current knowledge, it's just a one line javascript code placed in the index.html file, along with maybe like one other file.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Yep, just add the div by itself in the index.HTML. This is the only way I have gotten it to work in ares. The downside is that the add will always be in the top of the screen. I have heard that someone else figured out how to do it in ares by creating an object of the right size and name but I never had luck with that. See my old cpuscaler apps for an example.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Thank you both for replying. I actually did place <div id="admob_ad"></div> into the scene's HTML file, no change. Still an empty panel.
    Last edited by DavidVogt; 08/22/2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    Also, I could never get it to work by calling it in scene setup. I had to call it when the user pressed a specific button to get it to work. Admob and ares are quirky but it can be done. I'll post more specifics when I'm at a real computer.

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    You don't have the adblock patch installed do you?
    okay here is what i did. obivously i added the admob javascript code to utils folder. Then i told Ares where is was in the sources file.

Then i added <div id='admob_id'></div> to main-scene.html (its the only thing in this file).

Then in the app once the scene is setup...if the user sets a specific speed he has to hit a button, i put this code in the code for executing that button:
    Code:
    	button1Tap: function(event, inSender) {
    		var scaleon = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber",{method:"service",parameters:{service:"scale",params:"on"}});
    				  AdMob.ad.initialize({
                    pub_id: 'XXXXXXX', // your publisher id
                    bg_color: '#ccc', // optional background color, defaults to #fff
                    text_color: '#333', // optional background color, defaults to #000
                    test_mode: false // optional, set to true for testing ads, remove or set to false for production
      });
              AdMob.ad.request({
                    onSuccess: (function (ad) { // successful ad call, parameter 'ad' is the html markup for the ad
                            this.controller.get('admob_id').insert(ad); // place mark up in the the previously declared div
                    }).bind(this),
                    onFailure: (function () { // no ad was returned or call was unsuccessful
                            // do nothing? 
                    }).bind(this),
            });
    		Mojo.Controller.getAppController().showBanner("Scale 500-->800mhz enabled",
    							{source: 'notification'});
    	},

Super PreKernel app

8.    #8  
    I did have it installed, just uninstalled it. Sadly, there's still no difference. Thanks for the heads up though, that would have been pretty embarrassing! Deep down I was hoping that it wasn't the reason. But then again, I was hoping this would solve the issues.
    <script type="text/javascript" href="admob.jsjsjs&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;/$script$&$gt$; $Maybe$? :$S$
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I got it working in my Ares app by just making an HTML widget then putting their code that they gave me in there.

Edit: I also had to make the utils folder and the file to go in there and then put the mojo stuff in the scene assistant. I just put the html stuff inside an html widget and I could position it anywhere I wanted on the screen.
  11.    #11  
    Tyler - Could you please provide me with more specifics? What code did you put into the HTML widget? Was this in the main scene? Thanks everyone for the wonderful help!