1.    #1  
    I thought of something last night before going to bed. Nothing came to mind for patch ideas, until I stumbled across this idea when I did a back gesture and saw the cool lighting effect the gesture light does when you forward or backward gesture slide.

Is it possible to have a wave like lighting effect for our keyboard when we forward or backward gesture? Similair to a audience wave at baseball games, but with our prprpr&#$275$;'$s$ $and$ $pixi$'$s$.
    I think that would look pretty cool.
    Perhaps the same for when we get texts, notifications, when a web page loads, waking up from sleep mode when the slider is opened, or phone calls where the lights on the keys light up back and forth from side to side?

How possible is this to do?

If anyone likes the idea +1
    Bump it
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/21/2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Dude, I have no idea how that look... I'm using a palm pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Dude, I have no idea how that look... I'm using a palm pre.
    Ahhh yes, Palm Pre pluses older brother, the Palm Pre

Well surely you must have at the very least an opinion on a keyboard lighting effect? After all, we do have a similair keyboard; except Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $have$ $the$ $appearance$ $of$ $someone$ $who$ $used$ $it$ $after$ $eating$ $a$ $bag$ $of$ $cheetos$ $and$ $left$ $the$ $keyboard$ $with$ $lots$ $of$ $orange$ $on$ $the$ $keys$
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

That would be super cool. However, I don't think we can get a patch for that. (Could We)
  5.    #5  
    That is what I'm also wondering amigo. Not sure if it would just require a patch, more than hardware tweak, or a perfect blend of both, or even just mainly hardware
    Whatever it is, it would amp up the sexiness of our phones for sure. That I am confident of.

Activate the webos-internalz and other developers signal. This sounds like a job for legends
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I agree...
  7.    #7  
    Hey RL,check this out dude, and lemme know what you think. I just got another idea that just came to mind. It is for when we turn our phones on or off,luna restart or do a full device restart for example.

In this case lets picture we turn our phone on. Rather than just stare at the boot screen, and or a clock to time when our phones fiiinally boot up, which is what I find my self doing sometimes lol, instead; our keyboard lights up key by key, sort of like a timer, when half the keyboard is lit,that means it's halfway to fully booted. When it reaches a full lit keyboard, it does a side to side wave of lit keys and finally goes fully lit across the keyboard when finally fully booted
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I think we would have to create that together..
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I think there is just one backlight for the key pad - not one for each key. ...that would be a crap-load of led's... well, 35 led's anyway... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Ahhh yes, Palm Pre pluses older brother, the Palm Pre

Well surely you must have at the very least an opinion on a keyboard lighting effect? After all, we do have a similair keyboard; except Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $have$ $the$ $appearance$ $of$ $someone$ $who$ $used$ $it$ $after$ $eating$ $a$ $bag$ $of$ $cheetos$ $and$ $left$ $the$ $keyboard$ $with$ $lots$ $of$ $orange$ $on$ $the$ $keys$
    the pre minuses on sprint have gesture lights for half swipe left and right, full swipe left and right, swipe from gesture area to screen, and for swipe from screen to gesture area.

nothing when we open the keyboard though.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I think we would have to create that together..
    lol lets dance
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I think there is just one backlight for the key pad - not one for each key. ...that would be a crap-load of led's... well, 35 led's anyway... ;-)
    if that is indeed the case, which I believe you are correct about, then thats going to need some work under the hood type maintanance in order to work

I sure hope that there is a hardware savy person out there who finds this interesting enough and is up for taking a stab at it

I've seen some pretty amazing stuff done with fully pimped out led's on Sony PSP's from top to bottom.

Heck, even pulsating lights would be cool in my book for the phones also.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/22/2010 at 12:53 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

yes I believe it's either one or two flat LED's. If I have on old centro keyboard laying around I'll rip it open and see.

And even if the hardware could support it, I tink you'd have to create drivers/api's to use it.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    yes I believe it's either one or two flat LED's. If I have on old centro keyboard laying around I'll rip it open and see.

And even if the hardware could support it, I tink you'd have to create drivers/api's to use it.
    Thank you for that bit of info amigo. We are off to a good start. I truly believe that this can be done no doubt. Just need a spike of interest from the community,and to get behind and support the hardware savy who would be interested in this as well. It would in my mind, give our PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$ $and$ $Pixi$'$s$ $a$ $bit$ $of$ $new$ $life$ $and$ $a$ $feeling$ $of$ $a$ $new$ $phone$, $or$ $at$ $the$ $least$ $calm$ $the$ $flame$ $a$ $tad$ $of$ $many$, $if$ $any$ of Palm's followers just narrowly clinging by their fingertips with the desire of a new device for the meantime, hang on. A perfect example of this and where I got some insperation from, were the animated patches by Warlord9159. Which did just that for me when animated backgrounds were introduced.

After what you posted, I could see there being two led plates/boards here behind the face plate now that you mention it of our keyboards under the hood.
    I notice some shades of light being darker than others in these perfectly straight horizontal lines across some of the keys on my keyboard under certain shades of light and brightness.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/22/2010 at 02:22 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    That sounds like a great idea!!