1.    #1  
    anyone have any idea how long this will take?
    i used super prekernel and its been like twenty minutes
    i changed from 500 to 720
    any thoughts?
    What do you mean by "how long this will take" ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  3.    #3  
    it has this picture, the one on the left saying its installing
    its going on like thirty minutes
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-kern...locking-govnah
    thats a bogus app. delete it... only way to overclock is thru preware
    yea i used to use super prekernel and i still have it installed on my phone but after using uberkernel and govnah to overclock, i will never go back to super prekernel. it has some bugs that i didnt like. for example sometimes i would click to install 720 or 800 mhz kernels and then i would check my cpu speed and it was only clocked in at 600 even though it says the other kernel installed. Uberkernel is a lot easier and better.
    Thats probably your first mistake.....you should ALWAYS uninstall any old kernels before you try to use a different one.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Ouch the kernel takes about a minute to install/download tops. Get rid of app go to preware and install pre recovery kernel uberkernel is now up to 1ghz I use F105 and seems way faster than the uberkernel 1ghz but that might just be me.
  8.    #8  
    well then answer why now my calls arent working
    i cant hear anything, no one can hear me
    the screen will not auto shut off when i press it against my face
    i cant even hear voice mails
    ugh..
    i cant wait til palms new phone comes out with HP's financial backing
    Quote Originally Posted by lvly5t View Post
    well then answer why now my calls arent working
    i cant hear anything, no one can hear me
    the screen will not auto shut off when i press it against my face
    i cant even hear voice mails
    ugh..
    i cant wait til palms new phone comes out with HP's financial backing
    Perhaps you should steer away from any of the kernels in the testing feed that were recommended above (the f105 and Uberkernel (testing feed version)...there are possible risks involved and you don't sound like your ready to handle any issues...
    ready to handle these issues? lol
    umm for one i did uninstall and completely remove the super prekernel
    checked all comments no one had problems with that app,
    also the uberkernel installed and worked fine with govnah, but my phone stopped wroking severall hours later after streaming pandora
    so telling me that im not ready is not accurate.
    palm just made both the pre and pixi as a last attempt to stay in business,
    they lost their assses, they didnt have enough money to properly develop webOS, or put decent hardware into either phone, the pre is incredibly cheaply made
    Your preaching to the choir...I am on my 5th Palm Pre...
    i know man, like im tired of bullcrap like ill have to get this one replaced as well
    ive tried everything from resets to installing patches and removing them to wiping the phone completely and everything works
    so i will be on my fourth
    Something worth noting (in case you don't know)...I am at the end of my warranty...however refurbs are warrantied for 90 days even if that extends past your one year date. So now I am just hoping this one last until the next Palm phone (gone through 4 Pre's since last March)...if not then I have some decisions I have to make meaning buy a temporary (used) Pre on Ebay etc or jump ship...and I don't want to jump...
  12.    #12  
    i want HPs new phone but soonest its going to be is summer of next year
    because they are keeping webOS
    and putting money into the phone
    because they are competing with the new iphone and the android OS's (mainly HTC phones) and there are three one for verizon AT&T and Sprint
    sprints is called the EVO
    but i hate apple with a passion and the EVO has its own problems, so as much as i hate to say it, apple is back in the lead in smart phones.
    the only thing i really really like out right now is sonys phone the experia
    but its only with AT&T
    but it has Android OS 2.1 and an 8mpx camera a snapdragon processor, it supports up to a 100gb microsd card