1.    #1  
    I'm building a small app that uses FileMgr. It's working fine but currently I have to install FileMgr through Preware, separately from my apps install.

I've read that you can set dependent packages within an app. Can anyone tell me how you do this?

I've seen apps like Internalz do it (they usually prompt for extra packages in Preware).
    Quote Originally Posted by semprance View Post
    I'm building a small app that uses FileMgr. It's working fine but currently I have to install FileMgr through Preware, separately from my apps install.

I've read that you can set dependent packages within an app. Can anyone tell me how you do this?

I've seen apps like Internalz do it (they usually prompt for extra packages in Preware).
    It is a dependency in the Packages file. It requires you to talk to P|C to have a custom modification done to the Packages file they have if they're willing.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll keep working on the app with a manual filemgr install on the emulator for now and then do that once it's robust enough.