Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hey,
    I am by no means a developer but i do have a question regarding by-passing the activation because i just bought a AT&T pixi and am planning on using it unlocked, and for it to be used unlocked it needs to be in developer mode. So i am following all of the instructions just listed on the website Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center
    (installed java, sdk and pdk, virtual box). So whenever i try to run "java -jre devicetool.jar in the command prompt in windows, it says unable to open jarfile.

I have made sure the path in system variables is set to java as well. I am running a windows 7 64 bit, but i installed 32 bit java and 32 bit sdk.

Thanks
    Don't bother with the Palm method for unlocking. If you do that, you cannot use any phone features.

You want to use the webOS Internals meta doctor. This requires either VirtualBox with a Linux virtual machine, or cygwin to be installed, unless you have Linux running on a machine you can use.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Don't bother with the Palm method for unlocking. If you do that, you cannot use any phone features.

You want to use the webOS Internals meta doctor. This requires either VirtualBox with a Linux virtual machine, or cygwin to be installed, unless you have Linux running on a machine you can use.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    hey thanks for the reply. but i thought using by using palm's method, i can just turn on the developer mode, unlock it and then just reflash it with the latest pixi firmware. Isn't that the case?