Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I think the forum members want a specific detail on Egaudet. Is it the same as the others. (i.e Mhz/Ghz - Min-Max and so on) The only info available for this kernal is = Add prox_timeout sysfs entry to disable adjacent keys being dropped. Which isn't a lot.
    That's all that is in the changelog? That's all it does.

I am simply testing a kernel patch that will allow me to add support in KeyBoss to enable/disable the adjacent key filter that Palm added in the keypad driver. It does NOTHING else from a stock kernel except expose that sysfs hook, just like the changelog says. I need some successful alpha testing so it can be incorporated into uberkernel.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Update: The first thing I notice is compressed swap was N/A, and charging the phone via usb charger stayed at 600mhz. The phone started to get too warm while charging and being on precentral forum.

I never got temp over 36 degrees, while using any other kernel... since the last few updates.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Since that's all it does, can it be used or tested with a overclock patch installed. I am using F105 Thunderchief kernel. I also however use the VKB extensively and also use Keyboss and Userspace input module, so I certainly would like to test this kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckert21 View Post
    Since that's all it does, can it be used or tested with a overclock patch installed. I am using F105 Thunderchief kernel. I also however use the VKB extensively and also use Keyboss and Userspace input module, so I certainly would like to test this kernel.
    No, one of the principles of initial alpha testing is to test one thing at a time. At a later date the keyboard control features will be added to the other kernels for combined testing.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    OK, sounds good thanks for the info.
    Note that in general, you should never install something from an alpha testing feed unless you know exactly what it is and why you are testing it.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12