Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    If you have Internalz installed then it will register itself as the handler for ipk files...
    May i humbly refer to post #4?
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    May i humbly refer to post #4?
    You very well can
    Only problem was that back at post 4 we weren't aware that the OP had Preware.

Please use the link in Walter's first post for further info on Internalz.

Pip
  3.    #23  
    Thanks Pip - Internalz did the trick....I am curious if I first downloaded WebOS QuickInstall and WebOS Doctor to install Preware and then downloaded the SDK - perhaps how novacom went south - a guess...Ill use Internalz untill I figure it out....THANKS!
    Hi there ?
    I'm stuck with the same problem here: i just can't get the novacom drivers to install properly.
    Then i came upon this reply:
    Install Jason Robitailles excellent "internalz" via preware or QuickInstall. It has a built-in IPKG installer.
    Then upload the IPKG package to your pre via USB mode, use internalz to browse to its location (/media/internal/...), tap on it and voila
    so here is my question: Then why can't someone just put "InternalZ" in the "App Catalog" ?

I mean, that may sound a pretty archaic way to install IPK's to most of the users here (), but for us who can't get the "Novacom/Preware/WebOSQuickInstall" combo to work, that seems to be a decent solution at worst...
    Please help bypass profile palm pre plus verizon.. how can i do it....
    Need help palm pre plus verizon,, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reydis View Post
    Need help palm pre plus verizon,, thanks
    There are plenty of threads on this already and you'll likely not get answers in one that's on a completely different topic. You need to search for the MetaDoctor thread and use it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    "perverse rebellious woman..."
    eah ! I'm a perverse rebellious woman too ! Now see how depraved i am:

*GOSH!* I'm trying to get the "Internalz" IPK from the app store... *OMG!*

Now does it makes sense ?
    Internalz ?
    On the app store ?
    Quickest and easier way ?
    For anyone ?
    ... plz ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrnanog View Post
    eah ! I'm a perverse rebellious woman too ! Now see how depraved i am:

*GOSH!* I'm trying to get the "Internalz" IPK from the app store... *OMG!*

Now does it makes sense ?
    Internalz ?
    On the app store ?
    Quickest and easier way ?
    For anyone ?
    ... plz ?
    Internalz as many other homebrew has root access to the device which is not allowed in the app cat.
    Thank you for your comment, now i can clearly see why this is not on the app store.
    Well, i'll try to install the novacom drivers onto another box to run the WebOSQuickInstall and get Preware/InternalZ.
    blh !
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I use Preware to install ipk's.
    Preware + Dropbox has never failed me.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12