Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    some reviewers are simply stupid, I made a free app that downloads the bing search backdrop (that idea that google tried to copy), and I got a review saying the app needs to be "optimized for pre/pixi" its made for webOS and was built for the pre/pixi, the images are naturally in landscape since MS understands that most PCs are still landscape screens, so I built in the option to crop the image this user however doesn't have the brains to understand that, its so frustrating making apps (free apps) for idiots.

I give away my free time to make apps, I made 2 free apps weatherIcon
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    and bing backdrop
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    , and all I've had is frustration from stupid users.

grrrrr, I think I will only make apps for users that aren't cheap and don't mind spending some money, those users are more civil and don't mind emailing the dev to ask for help.
    /rant over
    Abe
    Valid rant there Abe...now take a deep breathe...

Edit: I should have thanked you as well...(noticed shadavis08 expressed appreciation)...I have used the WeatherIcon App and love it as well...Thank you for your sacrifice of your valuable time!
    Last edited by ferriskeanu; 08/19/2010 at 09:55 PM.
    thanks for the weather icon i like it alot ! its a very useful app and again thanks !oh i like turtles to but thats another story ! ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    /add to rant.

the apps I don't charge for are not because I didn't work on them/or don't support them its because I feel they don't add that much functionality that I would pay .99 cents form but I make sure they work and aren't just crap.

/end
    Well, if its any consolation, Weather Icon is a nice app.
    Feel ya brother...not sure what's up with some people's reviews. I've been working on a few ideas of my own and trying to figure out if I should release them free or for a price that's reasonable? I guess you'll get ***** reviews no matter what you make, so let it roll off the back and keep up the great work. Actually, negative comments for a free app...I guess they didn't read the word FREE. Would love to hear other app developers comments and suggestions.

Either way, thanks, Sorli...
    I think the problem is that people with the issues are usually the first to speak up. Your app is great, though.
    " You can't fix stupid"

I think its just most people in the world are stupid; nothing specific to webos users. However i wouldnt say that webos would be like a small sample size of stupid people in relation to the number of stupid people world wide; since im sure the majority of webos users are smart and have chosen webos as their os rather than IphoneOS
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    Well, if its any consolation, Weather Icon is a nice app.
    thanks alot
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I guess you'll get ***** reviews no matter what you make, so let it roll off the back and keep up the great work.
    I've noticed that if I charge for an app even if it's only .99 people are more civil and would rather email for help then complain. (if it's only a bug, if the apps useless the will complain anyway).

I'm not sure why this is, maybe it's because they have already paid they may as well get the most out of the app, or it's simply the fact that if a person is willing to pay and isn't a cheap person they will have better manners.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    yeah - the problem is (at least in my experience) most people ARE stupid. Can't take it personal. After hearing this thread, I'm going to download weather icon.
    Yep, on the stupid factor..

George Carlin said it best! “Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!”

I think your app is very nice too , and Im not one of the stupid ones
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I've noticed this a few times also. One complained that an update wouldn't download and the app turnd his phone into airplane mode! So he gave 1 star and called the dev stupid. Hmm.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    That'll work in a perfect world. Unless you are someone like me who spends $9.99 on Remote Win by DeepThoughtSoftware.... I followed the directions to a T. I researched port forwarding on my own, installed all the software and set everything up and for whatever reason it didn't work properly....I tried getting a hold of the developer both by email, phone and all I got was nothing. No support, for an app I can't use, that I spent $10 for... NOT HAPPY. I don't have a problem paying for an app, but if there are some (what may be tricky for some) procedures that need to be followed in order for an app to work, the dev should at least provide SOME support to PAYING customers.

That app now cost me $10.01 (with my extra 2 cents)
    Weather Icon is good stuff, thanks for your work on that.

Paid or free - if I download a very highly rated app and have issues with it why would I assume the dev missed something if 99% of the people that downloaded it didn't have any issues? People are crazy.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Love your WeatherIcon App!! its one of my favorite apps on the official app catalog
    about stupid people... just forget them, halfway intelligent people will post correct reviews
    Yeah, usually more times than not I just ignore the ignorant reviewers who give an app a bad rating for sometimes the smallest or dumbest things. I particularly get a kick out of the morons who often times will give an app 2 stars or less when they have issues downloading or that it won't open after downloading, or even blame an app for their app catalog not loading up. Those peope are impatient, and just plain dumb.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    BTW,your weather icon app is fantastic, I really like the last update you introduced.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast